Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great feeling

Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Great feeling

Well I wish I was saying the great feeling was harvesting a good buck but its not. But anyways I just started shooting a bow about a month ago and I found my form finally. It took me a while but I have gotten the hang of it. It seemed like forvever I would shoot good and then I would just shoot awful. So then I would try to adjust and whhhaaaammm right on the forearm owwww forgot to pay attention to that. It was really frustrating for a while but the last 3 days I found it. It is a good feeling everytime I let loose and my shooting is the best yet. I think I am ready to start backing it up a little and trying some longer shots than 20yds now. Well yall may not care or think no big deal but for me Its a big step.

Bowhunting is like a sore peter you just can' beat it!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Great feeling

Boy I know how it feels hitting that forearm did the same thing last night and i have a nasty lookin mark on my arm now.But congrats on finding your form makes ya feel alot more comfortable shooting doesnt it.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 PM

good to here about your progress and it will only get better with time. stick with it and you will be amazed. good luck to ya if you are hunting
Old 09-24-2004, 10:27 PM

form is everything I know how you feel I resently decided to go with my dominate eye and shoot left handed, and I tell you my forearm looked like a badly beaten piece of meat,but after some very serious form practice its nock spliting at 20yrds now its on to 30yrds. good luck the thing I like about bow shooting when I have bad form it lets me know it one way or another.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:33 AM

yeah i am starting to make some major progress my fiance hates cause all that dances through my mind all day is when am i going to get to practice again and what can i do to better myself at shooting