Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ga Update

Old 09-15-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Ga Update

Just spoke to one of my good friends, who took this week off to bow hunt. He's been hunting since last Saturday (when bow season started) and saw alot of does and a couple of bucks, but couldn't get any good shots off. He did kill two hogs so far but no deer yet. This morning he parked his four wheeler up on a ridge then walked to his stand to get set up and walked right up on a huge black bear, about 10 feet away. I asked him what did he do, he said it scared the $#*! out of him but he had his bow drawn just in case the bear came forward. Luckily the bear just turned around and walked off. What a close call! I'm hoping he bags a deer soon before returning to work, I'll keep you informed. As for me, just waiting for Oct. 16th to spell the woods!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:44 PM

Default RE: Ga Update

opfor,

What part of Ga? Sounds like you're talking about N. Ga because of Black Bears. But, I haven't heard of too many hogs up there. That sounds like S. Ga. Good luck to you and your friend!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:59 PM

davidhardegree,
My friend lives in Macon and I live in Buford. But he hunts in Twiggs County at his hunting club and apparently there are several bears down there. He had a camera setup before season started and it snap off a couple pics of the bears in that particular area in the hunting club. As for hogs, there are tons of them. He told me this morning that when he was in his stand a couple of days ago, that he watched a slough hogs go by him.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:29 PM

Ok, I have to drive by Buford on I-85 when I visit family just North of you in Jackson County. As far as Twiggs County, I have a friend who lives just South of their in Dublin. I would love to have the opportunity to hunt their.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting in fulton co. last when i saw a small 8-point that i let walk. Then had a doe come bye after only 15-20min in which i shot at about 20-25 yrds[8D]she only ran 30-35yrds before pilling up! than i sat back down for a coulpe more hrs. and only saw one more doe. I went back sunday and all i saw was two more doe`s all in all it was not bad.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:50 AM

Went yesterday evening for the first time this season. Saw a small 8pt and a doe. Didn't shoot because I thought it was going to rain.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:24 PM

davidhardegree,
Cool! Yeah its gonna be my first time hunting down there at his hunting club in Twiggs. Oct.16th is just around the corner, I'll let you know how I do.

RTA47,
Congrats! Is there many places to hunt in fulton?

AJPeppers,
Where were you hunting at? Love that stand!