Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 (UPDATE) Where was this deer Hit..?? (UPDATE) >

(UPDATE) Where was this deer Hit..?? (UPDATE)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

(UPDATE) Where was this deer Hit..?? (UPDATE)

Old 11-02-2004, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default (UPDATE) Where was this deer Hit..?? (UPDATE)

Ok.. Arrow went easily passthrough.. COVERED in RED BLOOD.. LOTS ... Short Hair(not white) and blood on ground where impacted occured and no flesh and no guts on the arrows or putred smell. Deer took off running and ran a ways and then stopped and the walked away.. GREAT Blood for first 30 yrds, started petering out and eventually two drops and then one and Then NOTHING...NO MORE BLOOD...

Any guesses where the deer was hit... DEER CANT BE FOUND...

what does a arrow look like after being shot through the intestines? not the stomach..
Old 11-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where was this deer Hit..??

You didn't see they arrow hit the deer? What was the color of the blood, dark or bright red? Don't know if the hit was high, low, back or front so hard to say. Could be a kidney shot, liver just dont know based on info given. I would guess some type of a meat hit (non-vital) and the deer should survive, again just a guess. When you make a good shot you actually see the arrow and where it hits the deer. If you stay on your shot and not look up too early to see the hit you should be able to see where the arrow impacts the deer.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was pretty dark already, couldnt see the arrow hit.. I'm assuming it hit the chest.. I heard the arrow hit the deer, then I heard it hit the ground behind him.. I'm assuming it was the ground behind him, cuz it was sticking in the ground about 5 inches.. THe blood wasn't really bright, but it was really dark either..

My arrow seemed to have a few grainy like sand things on the feathers... but no stench
Old 11-02-2004, 07:21 AM

There is really no need to jump on this guy like that. He made a mistake I would be willing to bet all of us have. And if you think you havent then you are an idiot. He came on asking for some help and if you can't give him any then don't reply. You don't have to go getting all nasty about it. Personally in my opinion there is way to much of that on this board. Someone makes a post and people jump all over them. Some of it is probably deserved but most is not. I hear alot about not giving the anti's any ammo, well jumping all over on one another all the dang time is as good of ammo as any is it not? I also would be willing to bet that there are alot of people on here who criticize others but do the exact same stuff and just won't admit it so they look respectable and are just putting on a show. I am not intending this to be an attack on anyone, but we don't really need to jump on everyone, like coyotes on roadkill, whenever they are asking for some help after a mistake. That is just my two cents.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:34 AM

How was the deer standing wwhen you shot it? If he was quatering away IMO I think you may have hit hit a bit far back and caught something behind the diaphram and possibly caught a liver or kidney as the arrow passed through. That wouls explain the "grainey" stuff on the shaft and the medimum red blood. It's aweful hard to tell though by what you've presented for info.

IMO the hit sounds lethal although you'll have a very difficult tracking job. If the deer wasn't pushed I'm willing to bet he's withing 200 yards of where you hit him. It may require that you get down on all fours and follow tracks. I've done it and it sucks but it may be the only way to track your animal down. Hopefully you'll persevere and locate you animal.

Good luck.
Also any additional info would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Broadside to slightly Quarting To
Old 11-02-2004, 08:18 AM

to slightly Quarting To
Scratch what I said. If you caught something behind the diaphram such as gut or intestine that would be the last theing the arrow contacted before exiting the deer. Unless you get liver or kidney as it exited but I think you'd see some evidence of gut on the shaft if you missed the boiler room.

It's always possible that you hit the dredded void that I don't believe in
Old 11-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

30 mns after sunset here, It was still legal shooting hours
Old 11-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see impact most of the time. Those arrows are going pretty darn fast. Twice this year already I didn't see where the hit was. One was at almost exactly 2pm, the other I had about an hour of legal shooting. Both had very little (next to no) blood. Both were recovered with no problems and both were pretty good hits.

Maybe I'm just blind.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

One word......Luminock!....

Quick Reply: (UPDATE) Where was this deer Hit..?? (UPDATE)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.