Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Right hand/Left eye dominant question >

Right hand/Left eye dominant question

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Right hand/Left eye dominant question

Old 09-14-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Right hand/Left eye dominant question

Alright guys, The other day at work I had a guy come in saying he couldn't sight in his bow. He told me he was right handed and Left eye dominant. His bow was shooting great (he says) until he paper tuned it. Now he couldn't sight it in. His sight was maxed to the right (granted the sight wasn't the greatest) and he was still shooting to the right about 9" at 10 yrds and he said 18" at 25yrds. I shot his bow spectacular. I watched him shoot and everything was correct except his anchor was a little strange. When he anchored the string/release was about a 1/2 inch off is face, but he said he has been shooting for 30 years and this is the first bow to do this to him. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

mike
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Right hand/Left eye dominant question

If he is shooting right handed and has a left eye dominate than he should close his left eye and shoot with his right eye, as opposed to shooting with both eyes opened. This will solve the dominate eye issue but as far as his shooting goes, it sounds like he has more serious problems that needs to be addresed also. Good Luck, Bobby
Old 09-14-2004, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Right hand/Left eye dominant question

I shoot right handed but I am left eye dominant. Your buddy's problem is not that issue. I shoot well, and have never had a problem. I aim with both eyes open, but close my left eye before I shoot. I have been doing this now for a couple of years now, and it works great!!!! The problem is with his form.