Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Right hand Shooter Left eye dominant >

Right hand Shooter Left eye dominant

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Right hand Shooter Left eye dominant

Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Default Right hand Shooter Left eye dominant

I was wonder if there is any one else here that shoots right eye/ right handed, when they are left eye dominant? I just have to make sure I close my left eye all the way to line up the shot.

Does anyone else have any more tricks to help out?

Before it’s said, yes yes I should have started shooting left handed about 5 yrs ago.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Right hand Shooter Left eye dominant

Yeah...about a year ago, I sold my right handed bows and switched to left permenently...it was the best thing in archery I have ever done, if ya started shooting left I would just stay with that...eye dominance problems were just too hard to me to overcome.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Fork Horn

There are sights that are designed to be used with both eyes open at the same time. It works kind of like an iorn sight system on a gun where there are two items. First is a whole about 1-1.5 inches in diameter and you line this up withyour existingsighting system somehow...
Something like this....
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0014655416001a.shtml
Where both eyes are opened b/c the new item has a very large diameter in comparison to a peep sight.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the process of switching to left handed right now. I shot for 8 years right handed all the while knowing I was left eye dominant. It's really a personal decision for most. You can get a blinder that will allow you to continue shooting right handed with both eyes opening to eliminate the left eye from trying to take over. I decided, since I'm still young I wanted to do it right, and make the full-on switch. It's too early in the game for me to decide just how sucessful the process is going to be, but so far I'm comfortable with the switch.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I'm in the process of switching to left handed right now. I shot for 8 years right handed all the while knowing I was left eye dominant. It's really a personal decision for most. You can get a blinder that will allow you to continue shooting right handed with both eyes opening to eliminate the left eye from trying to take over. I decided, since I'm still young I wanted to do it right, and make the full-on switch. It's too early in the game for me to decide just how sucessful the process is going to be, but so far I'm comfortable with the switch.

ya me too.[8D]
Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

There was a thread a few months ago (maybe less?) about the same subject that went several pages long (I'm not bustin' on ya for not knowing, 'cause our search engine sucks rocks)... but a LOT of our members are right-handed and left-eye dominant.

I wrote in that thread that I am too, and have never had any problems with it.... Qualified expert with everything they gave me in basic training and MP school, never missed a target with the M-16 out to 300 yards, and I've shot dragonflys and swallows out of the air with my BB guns growing up by following their flight path and waiting for a momentary pause before shooting them out of the sky. Thousands of rabbits in the freezer with both shotgun and .22 would attest to the fact that it's not only doable, but can be done well.

Archery is no different.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

There was a thread a few months ago (maybe less?) about the same subject that went several pages long (I'm not bustin' on ya for not knowing, 'cause our search engine sucks rocks)... but a LOT of our members are right-handed and left-eye dominant.

I wrote in that thread that I am too, and have never had any problems with it.... Qualified expert with everything they gave me in basic training and MP school, never missed a target with the M-16 out to 300 yards, and I've shot dragonflys and swallows out of the air with my BB guns growing up by following their flight path and waiting for a momentary pause before shooting them out of the sky. Thousands of rabbits in the freezer with both shotgun and .22 would attest to the fact that it's not only doable, but can be done well.

Archery is no different.
Probably was my thread.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont, but my grandpa has to shot with his left eye with a right handed bow. when he was younger a piece of glass hit in his right eye and now he cant c out of it good. so he had to have a metal bracket made so he can shot a right handed bow with his left eye. he would shot a left handed bow, but he said he has shot a right handed bow his whole life and he aint changing it.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 AM

TY for all of the input. I think ill stick to right hand shooting for now, but i might switch in 2yrs with the next bow I buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.