Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart >

$15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

I got in on that... good deal. The muzzy's are tearin' it up!!!

OCT 1st!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:16 PM

Uncle Norby, for me i am still very new to this stuff. I am learning and someday i will know how to do it all. For now i am happy to let someone else set things up for me, especially getting close to hutning season. As i get more familiar with the equipment i will try to do more things on my own.

Arrow cutting for example is something that i will probably always have done by a shop since i dont shoot enough to justify the cost of an arrow saw.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

I guess I don't get it on the pro-shop thing. I've never needed one, but I stopped shooting compounds a while back and went back to traditional. Still, I don't rely on pro-shops for anything, not even for firearms issues.

Why don't you guys learn how to install your own stuff, maintain your own stuff? My last compound had a system that allowed it to be drawn, and then a separate string connected to the limbs to keep it compressed. Then I could tune the timing, replace cables and strings etc. as I needed to. Didn't need a bow press. There's no great mystery to doing it once you take a little time. All you need to do is make certain measurements while your bow is shooting well, and then tune to get back to those measurements.

I know there are lots of gadgets today. Guys get all that stuff on their bows, and when something's not right it can take a genius to figure it out. Hell, I think the pro-shops are as much to blame for that as the guys that get suckered into it all. They love it when the average guy can't work on his bow. Yeah, they sure do provide you with a good "servicing".
That's all good & dandy until there is a problem that the average person can't figure out. So what do they do............they take it to their local pro shop and expect him to fix it like yesterday! Everyone cant be like you. Some people just aren't mechanical inclined.

However, I do beleive everyone should know enough about their equipment so they know if something has changed or needs repair.

Oh, I think I should say that I run a pro shop so I guess I'm a little bias
Old 09-18-2004, 07:44 AM
nub

I buy very little from Walmart, but if I can pick up some Jacks after season for 10 or 12 bucks, I'm buying. Give me a freekin break, my buying a few heads isn't putting any pro shop out of buisiness. I still buy little crap like that from a shop too. Depends on time of year, where I'm at, how much cash is in my pocket, ect. Hell, the shop I visit wants $25 for 3 Jackhammers, about $13 for replacement blades, and now $3 just for the O rings. I can buy 3 brand new Jacks cheaper than the blade replacements. If its what ya shoot, and you don't jump on that kind of deal, your an idiot.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK call me an Idiot! I will go out of my way and pay more than go to Wallmart! I would much rather save my "$10" other ways! I am not perfect but I try as much as possible to go the ma and pa way in alot of things! I would much rather give my money to someone that CARES about our sports. Keep the money "in the Family" sort of way. Your money keeps food on the tables of people who CARE about our sport. Think about it! I'm talking about the Local Pro Shop owners and Employees. People with somewhat the same passion as yours! Who knows where the Billions and Billions of dollars go when you shop at wallmart. NOT IN THE POCKETS OF WALLMART EMPLOYEES! Support your local!

Sorry I kinda had a "moment"[:@][:-]
Old 09-18-2004, 12:10 PM

But would you give your money to guys that don't even set your bow up right?
Old 09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Zak,
Unfortunately I have! This is why I am giving it a go on my own on certain things! Dude I'm pissed that my arrow shafts are made in Korea!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:21 PM

i picked up that same pack of muzzys last year for $7