HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Bowtech9
Fork Horn

Default RE: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

I guess I don't get it on the pro-shop thing. I've never needed one, but I stopped shooting compounds a while back and went back to traditional. Still, I don't rely on pro-shops for anything, not even for firearms issues.

Why don't you guys learn how to install your own stuff, maintain your own stuff? My last compound had a system that allowed it to be drawn, and then a separate string connected to the limbs to keep it compressed. Then I could tune the timing, replace cables and strings etc. as I needed to. Didn't need a bow press. There's no great mystery to doing it once you take a little time. All you need to do is make certain measurements while your bow is shooting well, and then tune to get back to those measurements.

I know there are lots of gadgets today. Guys get all that stuff on their bows, and when something's not right it can take a genius to figure it out. Hell, I think the pro-shops are as much to blame for that as the guys that get suckered into it all. They love it when the average guy can't work on his bow. Yeah, they sure do provide you with a good "servicing".
That's all good & dandy until there is a problem that the average person can't figure out. So what do they do............they take it to their local pro shop and expect him to fix it like yesterday! Everyone cant be like you. Some people just aren't mechanical inclined.

However, I do beleive everyone should know enough about their equipment so they know if something has changed or needs repair.

Oh, I think I should say that I run a pro shop so I guess I'm a little bias