Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart >

$15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

Old 09-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

i also got a 3 pack thunderheads for $15. ill have to look into the limbsavers.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is exactly the kind of stuff that puts your local pro shops out of business. Are you gonna take your bow to Wal Mart and have them work on it when there's a problem with it?

Sorry but this crap touches a nerve with me since my favorite local pro shop is closing it's doors because of this kind of mentality. He said he sells the bows then everybody goes to Wal Mart, Bass Pro etc... to buy the accessories, then they want to bring all of that stuff back and have him install it for free. The small shop guys can't compete with the pricing that places like that can. Since buying my Patriot from there, I have also bought all of my accessories that he carries from there as well. Most of the time he will tinker with my bow for free if needed and sometimes will let me shoot for free. You're paying for the service that you get. It's amazing that we will spend all of this money on the bow but want to skimp on pricing everywhere else. I can't say I blame people for shutting down shops with people doing stuff like this.

Keep it up and you'll be driving 30 miles or more like me now to find a pro shop that will work on your rig or you'll be shelling out the money to buy the stuff to work on it yourself. Then how much money have you saved by buying that pack of broadheads at Wal Mart?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:21 AM

The limbsavers they carry are the Stealth and not the Ultra, but hey, they both work very well. I gotta be honest, I get probably 80-90% of my huntin supplies from Wal Mart. The only thing I don't get is pro shop stuff, arrows and the like. A lot of times, or at least some of the time, Bass Pro or Cabelas may even have the same thing for just a little less, but in my case not living close enough to either of those, after I pay for shipping I am coming out ahead at Wal Mart. I just bought an Underbrush 3-d bug suit from there, and they also are carrying Ameristep ground blinds. Seems to me after they started sponoring Great Outdoors on OLN, they have really stepped it up.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

This is exactly the kind of stuff that puts your local pro shops out of business. Are you gonna take your bow to Wal Mart and have them work on it when there's a problem with it?
Right On Mike!!!!!!!!! Pro Shop can't be beat!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2004, 07:06 AM

I break it down this way, if it needs installed i buy it from the proshop.

I actually stopped buying Wal-Mart arrows this year since i switched bows and thier arrows dont work without being cut. Since i need them cut i buy from the pro-shop.

but for minor stuff like string wax, field points or scents i am not about to drive 30 minutes further and pay more money.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I admit the only thing I feel comfortable going to a pro shop for is warranty work ,a new bow purchase or a technical problem I can't resolve. I just don't have confidence in them like I used to. I shop around for all of my purchases. I try to do my homework ahead of time so that I know the average price for an item I'm looking to buy. That way when I go into a shop, store, etc. I know whether it's a reasonable price. I buy alot of things online because that's where I often find the best prices.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I don't get it on the pro-shop thing. I've never needed one, but I stopped shooting compounds a while back and went back to traditional. Still, I don't rely on pro-shops for anything, not even for firearms issues.

Why don't you guys learn how to install your own stuff, maintain your own stuff? My last compound had a system that allowed it to be drawn, and then a separate string connected to the limbs to keep it compressed. Then I could tune the timing, replace cables and strings etc. as I needed to. Didn't need a bow press. There's no great mystery to doing it once you take a little time. All you need to do is make certain measurements while your bow is shooting well, and then tune to get back to those measurements.

I know there are lots of gadgets today. Guys get all that stuff on their bows, and when something's not right it can take a genius to figure it out. Hell, I think the pro-shops are as much to blame for that as the guys that get suckered into it all. They love it when the average guy can't work on his bow. Yeah, they sure do provide you with a good "servicing".
Old 09-17-2004, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Sorry but this crap touches a nerve with me since my favorite local pro shop is closing it's doors because of this kind of mentality. He said he sells the bows then everybody goes to Wal Mart, Bass Pro etc... to buy the accessories, then they want to bring all of that stuff back and have him install it for free. The small shop guys can't compete with the pricing that places like that can. Since buying my Patriot from there, I have also bought all of my accessories that he carries from there as well. Most of the time he will tinker with my bow for free if needed and sometimes will let me shoot for free. You're paying for the service that you get. It's amazing that we will spend all of this money on the bow but want to skimp on pricing everywhere else. I can't say I blame people for shutting down shops with people doing stuff like this.

I buy most of my stuff online. I am not going to take my equipment to an unreliable bow shop. I took my bow up there 3 times and they said they would call when it was ready. I called a week later everytime and asked if it was done. They said they were just about to call me. Yea right!

At my bow shop it is not uncommon to wait 30 minutes for service while they stand around and talk about what they shot last week. I can name everything in my bowshop right now. Here is what they have: 4 rests, 5 types of bheads, 4 types or arrows, 3 stabilizers, 3 sites, 2 types of vanes, 10 bottles of scent spray, 10 targets, 15 bows, 15 packs of strings 13 bottles of wax. That's it, I'm in and out in 5 min if I don't need service. These guys don't even know what they're talking about. They tell me the complete opposite of what needs to be done.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

RIGHT ON MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Walmart sucks!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart carries some brand name products at good prices. Sometimes you only save a buck or two so but other times you can get great deals. Especially when the season ends and they blow out their prices. I remember last year Whisker Biscuits and Sims products were 1/2 price.

I don't mind buying a product at a pro shop if it's a reasonable price difference. But if I can save $10 or more by going elsewhere then I don't give it a 2nd thought.

Quick Reply: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.