Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CHIGGERS!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 PM

Default RE: CHIGGERS!!!!!!

Hunting in NC, I have had my share of chiggers. Permanone works great. Treat your cloths with it every two weeks until the first good frost. Pay special attention to the cuffs of the pants and the ends of the long sleeves. Cinch your pants cuffs over your boots and chiggers will not bother you.

For chigger bites, ChiggerRid is magical stuff. Chiggers actually burrow into your skin and stay there a while. ChiggerRid will kill them and the relief from the itching is almost instantanious. It skins over like nail polish so it suffocates the little bastards.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:26 PM

Buy garlic pills 1200 mg take one the night before you go out and that morning. I live in missouri and they are bad. Have been doing this all summer and no problem except for the days I forget to take it then eaten alive. makes you smell alittle like garlic but that turns the Ticks, chiggers etc. away.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 PM

Chiggers definitely suck!! I was in the woods two months ago in central georgia spreading some corn out with my buddy at his hunting club and we both got ate up with chiggers. I used fingernial polish also found some chigger x, at walmart which worked really good. It helped numb the bites from itching. I also heard permanone works really well before going to the woods by spraying your cloths. Boy, they sure are annoying little bastards.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Spike

It's about time for a follow up on chiggers. Well I have read a lot about chiggers, (although never seen one) Living in Oklahoma I have been covered from head to toe. The are the most miserable critter on the planet. I do know how to get rid of them. First on your body, you have to take the hottest bath you can possibly stand, it's rougher than the chiggers, but, you get over it in ONE DAY! If you know of a blazing hot, hot tub, jump in for as long as you can stand it. Your skin will turn red and hurt, but, it's all over very soon. Second, leave your vehicle in the direct sunlight for as long as possible. The heat sterilize your vehicle. My poor wife ends up with a few chiggers and ticks every year. She never complains because she knows I must go in the woods or die. Third, wash all of your clothing immediately! Leave your boots in a black trash bag in the sun. Roast those crazy critters. Fourth purchase RYNO SKIN, you will not have any chiggers or ticks on you until you take the stuff off to throw in the washing machine or black plastic bag. It's liken to SCUBA gear for the woods. Anyway, good luck and let me know how you work out. You can't put kids in hot water, they don't understand!! Use the clear fingernail polish on kids, it will kind of keep them from scratching.