Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

CHIGGERS

Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM

Default CHIGGERS

For future reference, can anyone suggest the best defense against getting chiggers while doing final prep for the season.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Default RE: CHIGGERS

pants tucked into boots and a good repellant that specifically mentions chiggers. I like ultrathon 12 hour formula by 3M. I've heard that taking zinc vitamins will help to keeps ticks and chiggers away. Not sure if there is any truth in that though.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM

yeah i had a problem with them the first two days r u hanging from a pine tree?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JTHUNTS

For future reference, can anyone suggest the best defense against getting chiggers while doing final prep for the season.
JT, what ever you do................Don't ever wipe your butt with Spanish Moss!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:20 PM

No pine trees, just general scouting in both woods and adjoing fields. Thanks for the recommendation of ultrathon, I will need to get some since here in northern Va. it will still be warm come opening day of Archery Oct. 6th.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM

I have heard of an 'ol Marine tactic is to wear panty hose under your clothes. Cabelas/Bass Pro also sell clothing that is like a 2nd skin that keeps bugs away supposedly.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 PM

An old Marine tactic? GEEEZZ, my brother-in-law is gay and he wears panty hose under his huntin clothes too!! Not sure if he is hunt'in deer though!!??

Don't mean to pick on all those great marines, think very highly of the Corps. My daughter is a marine, not sure if sheknows about the panty hose trick or not. Kinda hopin she don't.

Ibelieve in an old trick my grandpa taught me. It's called the sacrifice play.Always hang your doo-dads outside your pants as you walk through the woods. After an hour or sothey're usually covered with insect bites and the ocassional chigger or too. Lett'in the doodads hang out keeps the little critters off of the legs and butt. YESSIREE BOBBY, SACRIFICE THE DOODADS!!!

The itching will drive you crazy at night, but the swell'in seems to keep the old lady happy. I grinn a little too if you know what I mean. Happy hunting ole chigger buddy.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

And if you do get a few, just go to Wal Mart and get some Chiggeraid.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

we don't have chiggers here, we have red bugs
Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: JTHUNTS

JT, what ever you do................Don't ever wipe your butt with Spanish Moss!!!!!
LMAO!

Something with deet should take care of those red bugs, I just never remember to put it on before I get in the woods.

Quick Reply: CHIGGERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.