Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DEER DRIVE ON OLN >

DEER DRIVE ON OLN

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DEER DRIVE ON OLN

Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 AM

Default RE: DEER DRIVE ON OLN

I have never heard so whining before in my life! You do not bash your fellow hunters, We are on the same team! Whoever said the anti's want to divide us is 100% right.

Funny how you all seem to think driving is so unsafe.... I believe last year we had one hunting related death during the 9 day season. Yes, there are accidents, but there are alot of idiots out there that shouldn't be hunting, with anything....

We have a 9 day gun season here in WI... They are trying to make it longer, but its received wide opposition. We don't have weeks and weeks to gun hunt. I don't really care much, as I am hooked on BowHunting.

Alot of people, I would say 75%, maybe more, only hunt opening weekend. They want every chance they get to harvest a deer... Not all of us own private land, and can sit and stand hunt all week. After opening weekend, all you are doing is staring at the ground...

Its funny, the guy above who said his neighbors blast away at deer said it bennifited him, Well, What do you think they are doing? Driving deer, in a less controlled matter. What is the difference if you are sitting in your stand, and your buddy gets up to go eat lunch, walks out and kicks up a big buck? Are you not going to shoot? The deer didn't "naturally" walk by...

Deer driving is HUGE here in WI, and I mean huge! I have heard of alot of guys who start driving 7am opening day, and do damn well. And they are all alive and safe to boot.

I shot my second deer (a doe) on a dead run, doing a two man drive. You guys think its so unethical to shoot at a running deer? Well, I am a born and bred snap shooter, been grouse hunting for a few years now. I was in the middle of a clearcut area on public land, my buddy kicked up the deer, and I shot. I did shoot 4 times, guess how many times I hit her... Once, through the lungs. Tell me, Whats wrong with that? I even piled it up on the truck (oh no!) This of course after we dragged her about 1 mile....

Untill recently, deer shot in WI, had to be displayed untill registered.... And if anyone has watched the news here in WI during the CWD craze will have seen much worse... Spotted fawns shot, guys cutting heads off deer etc etc...

To those who bash driving, Don't judge me, on something you saw on T.V. You don't know me.

-Jared