Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunt from a ground blind? >

Bowhunt from a ground blind?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunt from a ground blind?

Old 08-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunt from a ground blind?

The hardest part for me on the ground is not changing position. (by the way - the Yankees just came back from almost blowing the game against the Twins.).

When your in a treestand -you don't have the urge to reposition - and risk blowing your cover. I'd probably look for a natural perch or a good ground set up.

I just posted a similar question about Ground Hunting in a corn Strip - and am also looking forward to hearing back.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:17 AM

from my experiences i love the challange of ground blind it makes u think more like a deer. because u are right at there level of sight. all can say parctice sitting down and drawing own bow back very slowly.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You haven't ruled out tri-pod or quad pods have you? They sell them in 14' + configurations and don't need to be any where near a tree. A good way to use one in the woods is to erect it within a limby tree or directly behind the tree you would normally hunt from.
I have a 10' & 14' model and have had many shot opertunities at spooky east Texas deer from both of them.
Ground blinds are a great option, but don't rule out free standing bow stands- ala tripod.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:34 PM

Also, you might want to practice shaking a lot more than normal. At least for me anyways, It is a whole different ballgame when your ten feet in front of a deer at full draw. Ive never shaked so much in my life, But it was such an awsome experience dont know if I could handle it again. LOL

Good Luck
Old 08-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a new blind right after the season went out last year i plan on using it this year, i cant wait. I have always bowhunted from the ground because im not much on heights and im kinda clumsy. I have had a good bit of luck just gettin behind a big tree near a travel route. I got picked off last year near a game plot so i built a ground blind out of pine limbs. Its hard to beat a good ground blind, you get so much more up close and personal.

Dave