Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OOPS!!.....pics

Old 08-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OOPS!!.....pics

My last year at the big school my buddies and I rented a 15 passenger van and went to Manhattan starting Wednesday before the game. Partied all week until the game, it was great. People were so nice to us up there, when we were expecting the worst.. We had a blast... It was a helluva road trip. We have alot of respect for KState too, we always know its gonna be a good game when yall come to town.

Things you should know when going to the game:
#1 Everthing is about Tradition, reguardless of what it is, its a tradition.
Dont be suprised when the huge monstrosity of a statium moves when the we do the War Hymn (it actually sways back and forth when we move, there signs in the press boxes warning you), dont be suprised by people carrying swords or shooting cannons, dont be suprised if someone tries to kiss your wife after a touchdown, expect to stand up alot, expect for people to yell at you, telling you to hump it, uncover or get off the wood, never try to go on the field after the game, take your own bottled water and wear sunscreen, you can drink beer anywhere on campus but you cant take it with you into the game (thats where a good flask comes in handy, and they will sell you coke half full with extra ice) and last of all expect horrible driving conditions. This is a town of 50,000 people then you add 50,000 students then on football game weekends add another 100,000. The town cant handle all the traffic, so get ready to walk.

I got great season tickets this year. First deck on the thirty, sit down side, with parking. So Ill be there on October 2. Ill still be hunting though. Season starts that morning, but I hunt only thirty or so minutes away so i doubt ill miss much. If I can help yall with anything give me an email and Ill do what ever I can to help you out.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Aggie-One of my favorite stories was from my yougest son who ran into some aggies in aggieville of all places the weekend you were playing kwho. When he asked them if they were lost as the game was down river a hundred miles. The response was they would rather stay and party in Manhattan than in larryville as "those people are weird." I have heard alot of your warnings and those are the reasons I want to come. Sounds like alot of fun. We will be arriving 10/1 and staying at Howard Johnsons. I'm not to worried about my wife being kissed as she will be at home. This is a guy trip with my son, his college room mate and that kids dad. Look to have lots of fun and see a great came. We will probably just go with the flow unless you have some specific suggestions on must see and do items.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Spike

LOL those are great! I might have one that beats them all, LOL

I doesn't deal with a bow, but with a weapon.

I was shooting my friends, dads muzzleloader, it was an older one! Double trigger. WEll, to make a long story short, they don't fire as quick as the new ones i'm used too.

I pulled trigger....nothing happened! All of sudden BAM.....

I shot his corn picker off in the distance, LMAO

He goes i think you just shot my corn picker!!

I did, put a 2 rip in it and out, lol
Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 PM

Me and my dad use to do the same thing at our old house dr kill. we had a long kitchen with a metal door at the end....we would put a target up and shoot from the living room when it was to dark to see out side.... just let me say that door became more of a screen door from arrows going through the target lol i had totaly forgot about this till i read ur post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:49 PM

owch