Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OOPS!!.....pics

Old 08-10-2004, 09:33 PM
nub

Default RE: OOPS!!.....pics

1 nail per deck board? Lower one even looks like it missed the joist.[] Ooops, nice log. Whats it score?[&:]
Old 08-11-2004, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

AMATURE... I killed my wife's new dryer one time about 35 years ago from across the street in my neighbors yard. The dryer was in the laundry room behind two layers of sheetrock at the back of the garage. When you feel you're good enough to test me we'll have a shoot off.
LOL

The only thing I've been fortunate enough to hit was a can of white spray paint while paper tuning. Boy was that fun. Now I have white fishing poles, lawn mower and chainsaw.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

I recently shot my garage, but thanks to peg board on the inside and vinyl siding that heals real good on the outside, my "told you so" wife hasn't noticed YET. The all time great was when my buddy killed a school bus with one shot thru the glass on the loading door. He still has the glass mounted on his wall. Almost forgot my first real oops. I was trying different broadheads my first year and was going back and forth between 140 4 blades and 125 3 blades. Needless to say the 125s shot a lot higher at 40 yards. I picked the wrong pin and did in 4 arrows I had left on top of a cardboard bale we used as a backstop.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:40 AM

I don't think that's a trophy, It dosn't have the girth. Next time hold out for a larger tree to pass by.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Note to self: Muzzy's shoot 8" higher than Montec's
Wow, that's a big difference, at what yardage and what is the grain difference?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a tree in my back yard that still has a field tip buried in it, that tree is still kicking!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

40yds 100gr each. I can use my 30yd pin at 40 with the muzzys
Old 08-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Aggie-even though our archery season opens October 1 I will be in College Station with my purple on on October 2. I've been wanted to experience that aggie tradition for some time. My oldest boy was down a few years ago for the Kstate game and really had a great time. Especially enjoyed the anti TU cheers. See you there and hope everyone has a good time. Up here everyone thinks the most of the Aggie fans and their tradition. Hope we can give you a good game. We will be there with a brand new qb so anything can happen. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ha! This reminds me of the OOOPS I pulled at my parents house a few years back. I was paper tuning my new bow in their garage and shot through the target right into their aluminum garage door.

Needless to say, the ol man wasn't too impressed with my shooting capabilities.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

AMATURE... I killed my wife's new dryer one time about 35 years ago from across the street in my neighbors yard. The dryer was in the laundry room behind two layers of sheetrock at the back of the garage. When you feel you're good enough to test me we'll have a shoot off.[&:]
Oh yeah?!?!

Try this: Shoot an Easton XX75 w/ 125gr field tip from 20 yards away into a bag target in front of your storage shed. (Note: I was a first timer, wet behind the ears, newbie...) I shot a bit high and skimmed the top of the bag target. The XX75 went through the sliding door of the metal storage shed, ripping one or two fletchings. It continued through the spokes of one daughters bike wheel, through the spokes of the other daughters bike wheel, through the spokes of my mountain bike, and finally came to a rest inside the Rubbermaid container which had our camping stuff in it! [&:] My wife wanted to beat my a$$ for that! [:-]

Butch A.

Quick Reply: OOPS!!.....pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.