Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 OOPS!! I did it again... >

OOPS!! I did it again...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

OOPS!! I did it again...

Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default OOPS!! I did it again...

Jss You think I would learn not to go into FoxRidge Outfitters anymore. Yet I do again and again. At least this time I just bought a kit/rifle. Again and again, what the heck is wrong with me? I live too close to this store.

Well I hope I do the new Hawken kit rifle good. A flintlock in .50 for only $339. They now sell the custom Hawken for more than $600. Yikes!!

I need to move far away from this place
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: OOPS!! I did it again...

That should be an interesting project... Good luck and be sure and take photographs. I would have to move away from thereas well.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

I need to move far away from this place
No just give your wife the check book and all your Credit Cards that will solve your problem much cheaper than moving!

http://bibleresources.bible.com/pass...mp;version1=48

16She considereth a field and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

So according to the life manual of human behavior, a lady runs the check bookto care for the family, they are much better at that than we are, or I should say that is my humble opinion.
Chap Gleason
Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]

So according to the life manual of human behavior, a lady runs the check bookto care for the family, they are much better at that than we are, or I should say that is my humble opinion.
Chap Gleason
[/quote]

But where would the fun be then?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fun comes in, as a friend of mine put's it, bystashing away a few bucks +/- a week into your "war chest" for those "need to buy", "can't pass it up" deals that come along from time to time. Then just sneak it into the gun vault when she's not looking and act like you've had it all along and decided to go shoot it instead of one of the others.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dmurphy317

The fun comes in, as a friend of mine put's it, bystashing away a few bucks +/- a week into your "war chest" for those "need to buy", "can't pass it up" deals that come along from time to time. Then just sneak it into the gun vault when she's not looking and act like you've had it all along and decided to go shoot it instead of one of the others.
Guns for guys are like shoes for women, gotta have several and all gotta match (the scopes, the thing being hunted yata).
Chap Gleason
Old 04-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Only us guys use our guns more than once
Old 04-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Typical Buck

When we got out tax refund we each got some to spend as we feel. The rest went to the house and kids. Besides I made more than the cost of the thing in OT last week so the little woman has nothing to complain about.

What really blows my mind is how much the cost of T/C arms has gone up in the past year. They had a finished Hawkin for $619 on the shelf. The rest of the traditional rifles were not to be seen as T/C is waiting on stocks. (wood that is).

I got to finish my kitchen remodel so I can get back to shooting. Makes for quite a damper on my weekends.