Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Honey hole secured >

Honey hole secured

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Honey hole secured

Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Honey hole secured

Just got confirmation that yes I can hunt in my newest best honey hole again this year. I hope to get up there with in a month to get some pics to share. You know the state record going to be there because I'll be armed with my camera not my bow. Then of course it'll be the last time he'll be with in bow range.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:37 PM

Default RE: Honey hole secured

Good deal. It's always nice to secure a property that you have hunted in the past. Were you afraid you were going to loose the property or did you just confirm it's still ok?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

You never know. I have to email days in advance to hunt this place. I also have to sign a release in case anything happens, I won't sue. He's got plenty of land and is over run by deer. This was the place I had 60+ deer go by me on my last hunt. He just doesn't want people shooting each other I guess. As far as I know I'm the only one except for his brother in law. He apparently only wants to hunt there when they are driving the park next door. I don't think he even went there last year. Oh well his lost. I just hope I have time to get up there and get some pics to share. It really is a treat to see the amount and the quality of the deer.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:45 PM

Sounds like a great spot, good luck getting a big one.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sound like a good spot , I have 2 farms that I see huge bucks but I agreed to only shoot does ,nothing like 2 140-150 bucks sparing under your stand and not even drawing .
Old 08-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I know what you mean. I have access to another spot that is awesome, but the guy who said I can hunt said I can't shoot a huge deer. It's crazy because that property is beside another park which is loaded with monsters. It's not like if I killed one I would be screwing him up. My friend of mine said go ahead and hunt it. He said we can get the deer out if I shot one of the monsters. If I got caught he said just play dumb. Say you told me not to shoot the really huge deer this one would only score 170.

Needless to say I've never hunted that property.