Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone know what an outclosure is?!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Anyone know what an outclosure is?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone know what an outclosure is?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2004, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Anyone know what an outclosure is?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the high fence doesnt come into play, dont put it up in the first place. PETA and the anti's see this high fenced farms and they get their knickers all in a knot because of it. hunt the deer in the wild, not in a pen.

LOL david, never seen beavis and butthead? man you havent lived..buttmunch and dillhole..arse monkey..lol

slayer
Old 07-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

high rack you are correct, its our own fault. People are just too willing to pay those prices, that and the fact that 99% of the state is privately owned. But when you see tv shows that are hunting these high fenced area's shooting world class bucks (for a fee) if course. It comercializes the sport and every tom dick and harry ( with money) are willing to part with it. If the fences were brought down and the selling if the whitaile were banned, everyone including those idiots on the tv shows, would be forced to hunt, genetic induced deer would no longer be a moneymaker. The commercialization would sieze and yes I believe leases would become cheaper. 20 years ago this crap was unheard of and so were those idiots (unheard of that is).
I could be wrong buy thats my theory.
Deer shot behind a high fenced cant even be put in the books, so why are these fools willing to pay those ridiculous prices. any where from 5 to 10 to even 20,000 grand for a buck. Thats crazy. A fool and his money are soon parted. LOL
Old 07-23-2004, 09:45 PM

If the high fence doesnt come into play, dont put it up in the first place
The high fence does come into play, but only when managing deer on a large scale. A high fence is a very effective tool for deer management. What I said is that the high fence, if its a big piece of land, does not come into play during a hunt. Hunting and deer management are two totally different things.

PETA and the anti's see this high fenced farms and they get their knickers all in a knot because of it
No they dont. Peta gets there "knickers all in a knot" when they see any form of hunting. Bowhunting has caused much more of an "outrage" in the antihunter world then high fences ever have, weather you want to admit that or not.

hunt the deer in the wild,
The deer on the high fenced ranches down here or "in the wild". The only difference is that they live behind an 8 foot fence instead of a 4 foot fence.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:00 PM

Deer shot behind a high fenced cant even be put in the books, so why are these fools willing to pay those ridiculous prices.
Most people do not care about the record books. Take a poll on any hunting site and you will find that alot of people have shot P&Y class bucks but refuse to enter them for one reason or another. I personally have shot 1 typical buck that would make the B&C books, but since I shot the buck on a 30,000+ acre high fenced ranch I cant enter him. Personally I dont give a damn.

But the fact that high fenced bucks can not be entered into the record books goes to show that the guys who do hunt on high fenced ranches are not doing it for "glory" or to get there name out in the public, like so many claim. People, myself included, hunt whitetails behind high fences because we simply enjoy to hunt. The high fence thing never even crosses my mind, especially on the ranches that I hunt on because they are so big.

"fools willing to pay those ridiculous prices. any where from 5 to 10 to even 20,000 grand for a buck. Thats crazy"

To the guys who pay these prices, they are not ridiculous. I have no problem, finacially or ethically, with paying $5,000 for a deer hunt. I personally wouldnt pay $20,000 for a deer hunt because there are a ton of good ranches out there that offer hunting for alot less then that. But dont knock a guy just because he is willing to pay money to hunt.

When you drive by a million dollar mansion, do you say "man that guy who lives there must be a fool because he paid so much"? I bet you dont, I bet you say "Man I wonder what he does for a living, must be nice". Guys who have the money to pay what ever they want for something are not fools. Belive it or not, they are along ways from being stupid.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you drive by a million dollar mansion, do you say "man that guy who lives there must be a fool because he paid so much"? I bet you dont,
Actually I do sometimes LOL. Here in san Antonio we have an area of town (Alamo Heights) that is way over priced but people with money want to live here just to say that they do. just to say they are an 09'er (78209) prefix.
People will pay 350 grand or more for homes that are really only worth 100 to a 150 grand.
what also cracks me up is the people flocking to the north side of town (hill country) Thats the worst place to place your home, who wants to push a mower up a hill or park your car on a driveway that has a 30 degree slope, (amongst many other problems)
Years ago you couldnt give that land away now everybody wants to move to the "northside" yes fools are being born everyday, and they are soon parted of there money. LOL

People who are willing to buy a deer are just not hunters there sportsmen. You say 5000 grand , shoot you could buy property for that 500 a month is 6000 grand a year.
I still say the selling of whitail should be outlawed.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

To the guys who pay these prices, they are not ridiculous. I have no problem, finacially or ethically, with paying $5,000 for a deer hunt.

i guess i wouldnt pay 5 grand for a deer hunt. but i live on a north dakota farm so i got plenty of deer to bow and gun hunt. but i think i would pay that (if i had the money on hand) for a elk, moose ect hunt. jus as long as i had a guide help me but actualy have to track and set up on an animal.