Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do in this situation? >

What would you do in this situation?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do in this situation?

Old 05-15-2004, 02:07 PM

Default What would you do in this situation?

I bought The Block about a month ago. I have put about 500-600 shots in it. I am already shooting through it. I could understand it if I was shooting a high-speed bow. I'm shooting about 250 fps with a 217.4 grain arrow. Does this seem odd?
Old 05-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What would you do in this situation?

Zak,
Contact the company directly......from what I understand of the Block, there was a fairly large batch of targets that went out a while back that were not wrapped to the proper tolerances and people were wearing them out and shooting thru VERY quickly because of not having the proper amount of built in friction between the layers.
You may very well have one of these targets depending upon when you dealer received it.
I have the portable one and I have a lot more shots than that into it at MUCH more speed and energy and while "soft" in the center I'm not getting to the fletching yet.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:40 AM

I don't believe this is an uncommon problem. I have a block and have shot it a couple hundred times and am shooting throught it. I bought it primarily for broadhead practice and have painted new spots for targets on it because I shoot through it with my broadheads. It does stop my field points if they are shot into an area that has not been shot before. I highly dout that this target could take 12,000 shots like they advertise. My neighbor has had the same problem.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:51 PM

start making your own targets before throwing any more money down the drain.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would contact the company.I have had my block for two years and have shot at it 1000's of times with no pass throughs.However, do you really think that the foam will stand up shooting razor blades at it?I shoot the Muzzy practice blades and if I stick with shooting at one spot they will chew the foam up quite fast.I don't think that there is anything that is going to handle broadheads being shot to the same spot for very long.Ron
Old 05-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem---had to re-band the thing tighter and now it works the way it should.It seemed the block wasn't banded tight enough when i bought it[:@]