Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To gut or not to gut? >

To gut or not to gut?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To gut or not to gut?

Old 05-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: To gut or not to gut?

Fieldmouse, I hear where you are coming from, but you are not right. I know that your big argument(IMO) is the hypocracsy of you not using parts of an animal, when the majority of hunters do not use everything on an animal. But there really is a difference of usefull consumed goods vs relative consumed goods. As stated in a previous post, if you do not use the front shoulders, that is fine. But give them to someone who will. With your 20 plus years of hunting, you must know many that will find use of the usefull consumed goods.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really if your buddy can cut one up in 15 minutes. He should be to gut one in about 30 seconds.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

It's not my fault I don't care to eat deer anymore. I'm purely into bow hunting. There isn't anything wrong with that.
Then why shoot bambi and waste the meat? You are not into bow hunting you are into bow killing. If you don't get that huge one that you are after then you just feel you have to KILL something. If you were into bow hunting and didn't like the meat and want this huge one then you would wait for him. If you don't fill any tags so be it.

I didn't shoot a deer last year with a bow. I passed up several does and bucks. I too wanted to get the big one. Do I regret not filling my tag? Hell no. I let my son and nephew fill their tags for the freezer.

Where did I ever say I wasted a deer? I have never wasted a deer! I said I don't care for the shoulders on the small ones as do many people I know. I enjoy making jerkey and sausage to give away. I still owe a few people some with only a hind qtr left in the freezer. Where was it said that I shoot to just fill tags? I pass up on killing deer just so I don't have to deal with the carcus.

I'm unethical if I leave a little meat on the bone. You can include yourself in that catagory if you fail to eat the heart and liver. After all your wasting it.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:05 PM

Well Just for the record myself and a very good hunting buddy of mine Have even ate deer balls before. Not only do we utilize and eat the heart, liver but we also eat the deer balls from time time. If you have never tried it you should. I still cant believe that some people would actually waste any part of a deer.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's where.
I like many people quit messing with the shoulders. Shoulders and necks have too many tendons for the meat you get out of them. If you want more meat just shoot another deer
For them, not worth the effort. Feed the critters. If you want more meat shoot another deer.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Matthews, we have all wasted part of a deer. Whether it is waste or not is relative. I am in no way agreeing with fieldmouse and some of his comments, just stating my opinion.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:12 PM

I don't even know what to say to that. Eating his balls?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess that last qoute was about your friend wasting deer,not you.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Really if your buddy can cut one up in 15 minutes. He should be to gut one in about 30 seconds.

Charlie I don't hunt with that person but he did help me with a deer last year when I was pressed for time. If all I really want was the qtrs, shoulders and back straps you don't need to gut it. You don't loose much only four things. Loins,ribs,heart and liver. Loins are very tender but are very small on a small deer.

Mommasboy is right I could still donate it and get maybe the $15 tax break.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where did I ever say I wasted a deer?
Let's see. I said you wasted meat.

I said I don't care for the shoulders on the small ones as do many people I know.
That sounds like you waste the shoulder meat. Just as we all have stated.

Maybe just start your own website for you and your poacher buddies. Call it poach-n-waste.net. You can see you really are not wanted here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.