Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Urban Scouting Signs >

Urban Scouting Signs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urban Scouting Signs

Old 03-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Urban Scouting Signs

I'll scout for myself thank you
Old 03-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

jsasker, thats ok this post obviously wasn't meant for you. This post was meant to help out the ones who don't have access their own property or leased lands. It is also there to help out my fellow neighbors who are fed up with the deer population. They mow everything down. There are very bold creatures even going as far as to come up stairs on to decks to eat the flowers out of the planters. Deer cost me more in replaced landscaping then hunting equipment and liscense each year. I know of three family members who have contracted Lymes Disease. One spent a week in intesive care.

If any of you all are looking for good hunt with a lot of deer and the ocasional 170 180 class buck, look for signs like that above. You will find gaining access is as easy asking for it.

Ps. Kids tree houses and/or play sets make for a good stand
Old 03-23-2004, 08:53 AM

fieldmouse,

so this is right by the park??? I live up in Huntsville and alot of people were talking about that hunt.

If you need help killing a few, let me know....I'd be happy to come down for a day or two!

beej
Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 AM

I've been doing this for years.I call it "driveway"hunting,because once I park in the driveway,I only have to walk a very short distance to hunt.For years,I'd travel to the eastern shore of MD.to hunt(82 miles,one way),which could make for a long day.Now,thanks to getting back into archery,I've got at least a dozen,quality,"urban-driveway"spots within a 10 mile radius of my frount door.Some of these people start calling me in March to come back and start "removing"these deer.By the way,I live in Towson,MD,which is a suburb north of Baltimore City...Bob
Old 03-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

No these pictures aren't from Alabama, but I'm sure I could get basicly the same pictures. I was just there on business and brought up the deer population problem. I always work that in casual conversation because I'm always scouting new areas. You never know where I may want to hunt depending on my scedule.

Anyway, the local told me about the hunt and the reason do to over population. I did some preliminary scouting and there is a lot of potential for residential hunting there.

Good luck, you only live an hour away.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

You know, I read an editorial in one of the bowhunting magazines lately touting the doom and gloom of the future of bowhunting. (I can't remember the exact magazine and am too lazy at the moment to go digging) Anyway, I believe bowhunting will continue to grow even as the people population grows! We now allow bowhunting in three of our City parks and people can get a permit to bowhunt in their own yards in the City limits! As extreme as that sounds, you should see the number of deer that are killed in the east end of town. (Council Bluffs, IA) It's really hilly and timbered. Quite a few folks are starting to strongly dislike deer because of the damage they do to their trees, bushes, and gardens. Check around, I bet you can find a place to hunt!