Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Urban Scouting Signs >

Urban Scouting Signs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Urban Scouting Signs

Old 03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Urban Scouting Signs

I caught a while back about the quality of deer. Sorry no deer picks, but you might be able to get permission to hunt here if you see this:

Old 03-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Urban Scouting Signs

Or this maybe a good sign. Look closely for the insulators mounted to the tree and yellow warning sign.

Old 03-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Here is another:

Old 03-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

This is the one the has me the most ticked off. This is my property damaged. I over paid for the spruce tree. Some buck destroyed it in a total of two days. Sorry for the poor picture but it was the best I could do:

Old 03-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Urban hunting is real and you would be surprised to find out the number of home owners who would let you hunt! Next time you scout go to the suburbs.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:38 PM

what city do u live by? if its outside of philadelphia i will be there next fall
Old 03-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Outside of philly has to be nice. I haven't had much time to scout there but I have seen several neighborhoods that must hold some big deer.

Just because you don't see these electric or tall fences look for other signs. Some associations won't let you put up fences. Remember when your talking to people in these areas, bring up the deer are out of control issue. I can't tell you the number of people who now beg for hunters to come kill the deer. I have had offers to just come and have coffee on the deck and shoot them.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Anyone from Birmingham, Al. I just got back from there and they had a local hunt in the big park but not enough deer were killed so they brought in the snipers. Get a map a scout the neighborhoods that back up to this park or the finger of woods connecting this park. Look for these signs and talk with the neighbors. Thats where I would hunt next year.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:09 PM

I always thought it would be illegal to hunt within city limits..???? Is it not?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Check your laws a lot of times the bow is the exception. Ask DNR and/or register with DNR. There are variences with distance from houses without permission. Also, city limits ends somewhere.

Quick Reply: Urban Scouting Signs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.