Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why did He spook?? >

Why did He spook??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why did He spook??

Old 11-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why did He spook??

Yes..
Old 11-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have never called out to deer yet. i have a can call but so far i jus watch them. anyway i have had people tell me that rattlin works jus that it is a good idea to have a deer decoy and some scent out. because they say that when the deer comes rushing in to see and to run anything off its terrirtory that they can see the decoy and smell and dont rush off when nothing is there. mite be y the deer spooked cuz he didnt see anything. but who knows. maybe he forgot about his hot date and he was running late.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

My experience has been as long as the deer is in sight and not leaving the area, stop calling/rattling. As someone already said if they hear a deer but do not see it where they heard it they are gone! If a deer comes in from a distance because of rattling/calling, they will slowly keep coming in (or circle down wind) until they see the source of the noise, but if they hear the noise and know where the sound came from and there is no deer they leave.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:12 AM

if anyone has watched Deer School 2, i think its will primos that says if your going to be calling you should have something that will obstruct there vision, i.e. brush piles, thicket, fallen tree' s, he said then the deer that your trying to bring in will have to hunt the deer there hearing which is where the obstruction comes in