Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Will this spook deer?

Old 10-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Will this spook deer?

Hello everyone, i built a new deerblind...and it was supposed to go in a area where it was heavily wooded with birch trees, so i painted it all flat black, and painted white trees on it, and outlined leaves with white paint on it to give it that birch tree look with the white and black, but i ended up not putting it in the birch trees because i found a better area....will this camo spook deer?..it is over looking a swamp, a few birch trees around, but not like before, its pretty much a mix of a lot of different, trees, or wont it matter too much since deer are colorblind?...should i just put brush up against it?...what do u suggest...deerseason is 2 weeks away and i really don't feel like getting out there and swaping my 2 heaviest blinds
Old 10-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Will this spook deer?

If it is that bright I would get some of the burlap camouflage from Wal-Mart and staple it to the sides.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:59 PM

its not bright, i have burlap in the windows, all the paint is flat, im just wondering if they will be able to pick up the differnt colors out of the rest because the camo doesn't go along with the rest of the area very good color wise...i mean there are birch trees but not as much...its camo'd good, its just black and white camo though

Old 10-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it's there long enough they won't care.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

How high up is the blind?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:27 PM

its ground level...it has been out there about a week and about 2 1/2 weeks till deerseason...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

deer are color blind, and as long as it blinds in fairly well(pattern wise) the time should be sufficeint

Old 10-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it by the time you hunt they will be accustom to any abnormalities. The real key is movement and while they may not feel comfortable if they see no movement their alarm bell will not ring off...usually. I popped up my blind and it didn't really match the terrain at the time that evening I saw a number of deer, some looked in my direction but none were wary as they saw no reason to be alarmed.

As long as you don't impede their movements you should be AOK!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah it usually doesn't take but a few weeks for them to get accustom to it. By the time you hunt it they will be paying it no attention.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

you may want to put a piece of burlap or something in the windows so they get used to movement inside the blind.

Quick Reply: Will this spook deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.