Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ASAT field report >

ASAT field report

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT field report

Old 10-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ASAT field report

Only those who own ASAT know what your talking about Belle, simply put, ASAT is the only camo that makes you invisible, as your finding out. Any nay sayers, just don' t get it. Like I mentioned before, I started wearing ASAT 15 plus years ago and then a couple seasons ago I ran into Chuck at a show. We had a booth, Chuck walks by wearing an ASAT jacket, his boy as well and I looks at him and says' " great camo, too bad I can' t find it anymore" ...and around the corner comes two more ASAT wearers....little did I know I made that statement to Chuck Pensyl, creative director for ASAT and with him he had the inventor Jim Barnhart and his brother Gary....we made small talk, " great guys" , set up a meeting and were prostaffed....there are some great products out there, bows, equipment, treestands etc.....and in each one of those cases I won' t say one is better than the other....but when it comes to camo......I know ASAT is far superior and I won' t be afraid to say it....ASAT is the best camo on the market today...period...most will work but you' ll never understand until you wear ASAT how truly amazing it is...in ALL SEASONS, ALL TERRAIN and why it is said, If your not wearing ASAT, your not wearing camo.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:52 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........Why is it so great?? I bought a cotton liteweight suit from brigade quartermaster about 8 years ago and the quality was terrible. It came out of my dryer in a wrinkled balled up mess. I never hunted with the camo was unsuccesfull in returning it for refund. However, my " lucky" hunting hat is a boony ASAT I bought at the same time...And I still have the longsleave " t" that I bought with the suit. Both of those are quality products, anyone ever have a similar quality issue with this stuff??
Old 10-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Michigan,
I can' t respond on the quality of the products of BQ, 8 years ago, but now ASAT, under new management, is putting out top-notch stuff. Why is it so great? The light color of the ASAT, combined with the brown and black contrast eliptical shapes, break your outline up like nothing ever has. The tan background blends into EVERY background, and can actually reflect the colors that surround you. The 3D suit even breaks you up more, making you even more hidden. Unlike most of the " artistic" , popular camos that you find in most stores, the ASAT won' t " blob up" at any distance. Do a search, on here and other forums, and you' ll hear many stories and see several photos of ASAT' s effectiveness. I got mine at the end of last season, and since then, I' ve had many of the same experiences mentioned above.
Chuck, if you' re out there, feel free to jump in!
Charlie
Old 10-13-2003, 04:32 PM

Chuck, if you' re out there, feel free to jump in!
This Chuck or a different Chuck??

Because if you saw all the camo I hunt with - you guys would laugh me out of Dodge
Old 10-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Because if you saw all the camo I hunt with - you guys would laugh me out of Dodge
We have seen your camo Rack and as soon as the tears in our eyes from laughing clear we' re coming to get ya
Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chuck is currently in Colorado on a hunt so please be patient if he doesn' t respond immediately. I was talking cell to cell on the road this past Saturday and he said he' s about one hundred emails behind but he does answer all.

Michigan Bow Hunter, that problem was with BQM, not the management of ASAT....today, Chuck will make it right, period and their new 3D Vanish Leafy Wear is amazing....not only because it' s ASAT but because the product itself.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve been wearing ASAT for the past two years (3D leafy suit). I' ll never buy another type of camo. Lucky me, I made the ASAT web site

[link]http://www.asatcamo.com/ColoradoElk.htm[/link]
Old 10-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a set of the ASAT in polar fleece and love it! I cant wear cotton so dont go their lol. The stuff is sweet! How about having a whitetail buck look right through you at FIVE steps only to heart shoot him when he looks away! I have to say thats my best. 2 sheep with a total of less then 20 yards between the two. A handful of fur bearers, imho natures best. I cant wait to get more.

Talked to Chuck not to long ago, a week or so ago now and I am eagerly awaiting some fleece like my old dakota outfitters outfit. I have about worn it out if thats possible. All the nap is gone and the cold weather value of it is now almost nil. I' ll have to deal for now with a set of preditor woolens till the fleece arrives......some day I hope !!!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:43 AM

Well its good to hear quality is no longer an issue. I' ve heard lots of good stuff here so I believe I' ve been converted! Unfortunately, I bought a scent-lok leafy suit last year and I' m pretty sure my wife will kill me if I buy another this year. So...next year is always a good option!!! Thanks guys!!