Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced????? >

Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????

Old 08-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????

What is the name of the treestand that the Summit Bushmaster replaced?
It was made of steel, and looked like the Bushmaster.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????

Actually this style stand went thru 3 name changes.........the original with this sort of style (pre Cable) was called the " Sabre" . The first year that the cable climbers hit the market they changed the name to the " Cobra" (I know I bought one). The very next year the sling style seats were big and they moved the " Cobra" name to an open faced stand with a sling style seat, and gave the original " Cobra" a new name........." Bushmaster" .

Old 08-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uh-hm... I just looked in my Summit catalog. The Bushmaster didn' t replace the Cobra, they still make it. All they did to get the Bushmaster was take a cobra and remove all the padding, except for the seat bottom. The bushmaster is 1 pound lighter than the Cobra XLS
Old 08-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cobra has a padded cushion seat and is the Cobra XLS, I just bought it. the previous version of cobra had an air cushion seat?

Take a look at all Summit has to offer www.summitstands.com
Old 08-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Uh-Hm........ They sure do still make a stand called a Cobra. Didn' t say that they didn' t. I' ll try this one again.

Trust me on this.

Prior to the cable style climbers the popular stand that is basically now the present day " Bushmaster" was called a " Sabre" .

The first year that the new cable style climbers were introduced (1998) the stand that replaced the Sabre was the ORIGINAL " Cobra" . It had a basic flat foam climber style seat and was made out of steel.

The very next season (1999), they added a new open faced bowhunting stand to the line-up also made of steel but with a drop down sling style seat, and they MOVED the " Cobra" name to that new stand. The stand that in 1998 was the ORIGINAL " Cobra" (Which I bought) they now named the " Bushmaster" for 1999.

I know this for sure because I was a bit ticked when they changed the name from " Cobra" to " Bushmaster" the very next season , the price went DOWN quite a bit over what I had paid only a few months prior and the only thing basically changed was the name. The NEW style " Cobra" now took over that price point.

Both basic designs remain in their line-ups today.......with modifications over the last few years in seat and frame materials and how the frames are put together.

Sooooooo.....as I said, the stand that the " Bushmaster" originally replaced was the first generation cable style /steel " Cobra" ........and that first " Cobra" replaced the " Sabre"

Old 08-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uh...OK... My bad....
Old 08-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just keepin ya honest Tmug.[8D]