Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands?? >

Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??

Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??

I'm just curious if anyone has had any success with getting the skins replaced on any Summit stands?? I just bought a Viper and have been contacting them over and over about getting the skins replaced. I had heard they were replacing old ones with newer ones because the old ones didn't stick well. I put a couple of the skins on that came with my stand and you could literally sit there and watch them peel off by themselves.

Well, almost two weeks now and still have not got back ONE reply from them. To contact them, I've been using the "Contact Us" link on their website and sending in the information form. Maybe that's the problem, they don't respond to them.....[&:] Pretty sad if you ask me, that they haven't got back to me about it after 3 attempts by me now. Very disappointing!!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??

I had a Viper before they came out with the skins and bought a Viper XL last year. The skins came off. I talked to the summit rep at a local buck expo and he gave me skins for both. If you can not get a reply, try an expo and see them in person!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

i emailed them about...2 months ago maybe about the skins. seen a flyer at Gander Mountain about the skins. said i would be put on a list and id get new ones when they are ready...my guess...they havent gotten anything to stick better...mine were like yours..i put them on and they just undone themselves...after a few attempts i got them to stick though...they definently need something better though..i like the skins..quieted sound a good bit and i dont care what people say that little bit of camo helps break up the unatural lines of a treestand..might not help ALOT but i think they help..

Summit was very very good first time i dealt with their customer service. my seat was missing the metal buckle that goes through the bigger metal buckle..i emailed them and asked if they could send me the buckle id put it on..within a couple days i had a whole new seat at my door no questions asked. so im betting once they get the new ones made...

heres my email:

I just purchased a Viper SS this september. I was at Gander
Mountain the other day and noticed a sign posted saying i may have defective
Summit Skin and to contact you and check to see. Just making sure mine is
ok or what i have to do.

heres their reply:

I would not recommend using the supplied Summit Skin. We have seen random
samples fail - they peel up around the edges of the platform. Some sets
work fine but others come right off after a few hours / days. I will add
you to the waiting list for the new product - once we have it ready we will
ship you a set at no charge.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm also thinking that besides the delay you got the holiday break. And then you have the show coming up. Maybe ab out June.[&:]