HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????
Old 08-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Name of stand that Summit Bushmaster replaced?????

Uh-Hm........ They sure do still make a stand called a Cobra. Didn' t say that they didn' t. I' ll try this one again.

Trust me on this.

Prior to the cable style climbers the popular stand that is basically now the present day " Bushmaster" was called a " Sabre" .

The first year that the new cable style climbers were introduced (1998) the stand that replaced the Sabre was the ORIGINAL " Cobra" . It had a basic flat foam climber style seat and was made out of steel.

The very next season (1999), they added a new open faced bowhunting stand to the line-up also made of steel but with a drop down sling style seat, and they MOVED the " Cobra" name to that new stand. The stand that in 1998 was the ORIGINAL " Cobra" (Which I bought) they now named the " Bushmaster" for 1999.

I know this for sure because I was a bit ticked when they changed the name from " Cobra" to " Bushmaster" the very next season , the price went DOWN quite a bit over what I had paid only a few months prior and the only thing basically changed was the name. The NEW style " Cobra" now took over that price point.

Both basic designs remain in their line-ups today.......with modifications over the last few years in seat and frame materials and how the frames are put together.

Sooooooo.....as I said, the stand that the " Bushmaster" originally replaced was the first generation cable style /steel " Cobra" ........and that first " Cobra" replaced the " Sabre"