Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How often do you practice? >

How often do you practice?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often do you practice?

Old 08-07-2003, 11:05 PM

Default RE: How often do you practice?

It really depends. I try to at least shoot my bow once a week so that my form stays correct. There is such a thing as too much shooting though, because you might get tired and develop flaws in your form which equals bad practice. Before Bow season, I usually shoot 2 times a week max and I shoot until I notice flaws in my form and notice that I am getting tired. I then either take a break for a while or I just pack up my bow and call it a day.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to practice every evening that I can--the weather sometimes cancels that. I send a group of arrows downrange from 20 and 30 yards and then spend the rest of each practice session at 40 yards--sometimes throwing in some practice at distances out to 70 yards.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I try to pratice every day for at least two hours. I been praticing for a month and i still have along way before i am happy with the way i shoot. Once i get the basic form down, let alone an form best for me. After that i was going to try to shoot in different positions like one knee, sitting, so on so forth. I know i am way off but i was thinking about maybe eventually try to shoot in an 3D compeition. Its more to see how good i can be rather then if i can be better then others.