Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

practice??

Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 AM

Default practice??

I just recreantly joined the IBO and am looking forward the 2006 season. I plan on shooting in the hunter class. I do not have a lot of 3d shoots under my belt. I met most of my goals during the shoots… coming back with all my arrows, improving my score at every shoot and have a good time. I was wondering what practice strategies you guys use, or what you found works best for you. I know estimating range is a huge part andI do have a plan for that. Any suggestswould be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Default RE: practice??

This is a great time to head indoors and start practicing form and focus. Yardage is big part of 3d, but simply knowing the yardage will not replace great shot execution. We usually spend the cold winter months inside shooting spots and coaching each other on proper form. This is a time when we acknowledge our flaws and spend the time working to overcome them. (yes Ken, I know I still need to get that elbow up, I'm working on it.) We are lucky in our area to have several good shooters and we continually challenge each other to do better.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:44 AM

Mike,
Welcome to the IBO, as far as practicing goes, bluejacket has made some good points, get inside if you can and practice good form. I have found that a technique called blind bale shooting helps me the most to work on my form. I have found that good form and good shot execution can make up for an slight error in yardage judging. Good luck!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:16 AM

Guys thanks for the replies. I actually am going to the range later today to work on my form and try out the blind bale. I was unable to shoot for about 7 weeks due to eye surgery so I figure now is a good time to change a few things ie my grip and release I will worry about hitting the ten ring later. I was thinking about shooting in an indoor paper animal league this winter as well. Thanks again Mike