Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pratice after exercise?? >

Pratice after exercise??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pratice after exercise??

Old 07-21-2003, 05:44 PM

Default Pratice after exercise??

I normally do my praticing of the morning before work. Then walk, work and then if possible walk again after work.

This moring, I seemed to draw a bigger crowd than normal. Something about a cpa shooting an arrow towards his office draws attention. Got PO' ed and just quit. So this evening I walked about 2.5 miles and decided to see what happens??

Couldn' t tell much diff at twenty yards but I think at 30 yards my group' s opened up at least a couple of inches. Keep in mind I am still a newbie at this archery and it is hotter than, well you get the picture.

Just curious if some of you " experts" pratice after exercising before the opening of season?? If so any tips in slowing the heart rate down. It sort of reminded me of buck fever because of the heart rate and the shakes.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Pratice after exercise??

most of the time i practice in the evenings after the sun goes down. i go to the gym three or four days a week and tell a difference on the days that i do work out and the days that i don' t. especially at forty yards my groups can go crazy if i have done a lot of lifting that day.

i guess i should try practicing in the am