Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice? >

PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice?

Old 05-14-2003, 09:53 AM

Default PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice?

Since, as has been stated, the boards have been a little slow lately. I thought I would ask/compare how much y' all pratice both during this off season and during season. I probably have the subject backwards, probably should have ended in caps as some may pratice more right before season, lol.

Since my bow stays at the office, I mainly pratice behind my office. Each morning, Monday - Friday, I try to shoot at least 30 times. Not much, but for a newbie anything more than that I' m just shooting not praticing. Ten at twenty yards, ten at thirty and then a final ten at twenty. If possible I try to shoot at least twenty more (10 at twenty, 10 at thirty) before I leave. To begin with I only shot in good weather. Since I have been drawn for Elk in Montana and knowing how windy it can be, I now pratice in the wind. That was an experience - not so much the arrow but trying to hold the bow.

Right or wrong I only shoot broadheads right before the hunt to check to see how they group.

Some of you shoot more - possilby some less. Do you increase lbs right before hunting season to let down the weight before you hunt?? Do you pratice more during season?? Or do you just pratice right before season opens??

Thanks in advance for you replies, just curious how much you " experts" shoot.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:05 AM

Default RE: PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice?

I' ll shoot maybe 10 shots a day until August and then i shoot every other day until season opens. Once the season opens, I shoot about 5 times before each hunt.
before I shoot I do several dry draws where I draw the bow, place the pin where I want it and concentrate on the spot for 15 to 20 seconds before I let down. I concentrate on working my back muscles at the same time.
This may not seem like much practice but it keeps me in good shooting form.

I practice with the same draw weight that I hunt with.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:11 AM

as much as i can, at the very minimum twice a week , and thats all year around i have friend who won' t start shooting till july , i think they are crazy that' s not enough!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot pretty much year round. When I am working down at the shop and business is slow I will shoot a few dozen at the indoor range. That is 3 days a week. When hunting season draws closer I start practicing more outdoors with an occasional 3D shoot thrown in. Once the season actually arrives I try to shoot a dozen arrows after each hunt and then a little bit on Sundays.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to shoot at least two/three times a week for about an hour per session but tend to increase the closer the season gets. Usually about a month before the season i' m shooting everyday and using broadheads.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:43 AM

I shoot constantly. My shop is in my back yard so my little guy and I shoot every day. On weekends I might shoot 3 or 4 times a day. On Sunday we go to a 3D shoot in the morning. During hunting season I shoot 1 arrow before I go in to the woods. Hopefully it chases any bad shots out of the system. I always pull my bow back when I get in my stand! It' s funny how some guys shoot a week before the season opens.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I shoot for an hour over my lunch hour every day year round. I try to shoot at least half hour both days on the weekends too. It varies throughout the year but generally I get 5 days a week in. I don' t shoot more during the season, actually I probably shoot less because I' m out hunting in all my spare time.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got done.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:53 PM

I SHOOT YEAR ROUND. THREE SUNDAYS A MONTH AT 3D SHOOT. NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: PRATICE, PRAtice, how much do you pratice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.