Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 oldest  treestand member >

oldest treestand member

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

oldest treestand member

Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default oldest treestand member

How old is the oldest member using a treestand? How high do you climb? And do you have any trouble packing your stand in and out everyday? Just want to see what I' m up against in my golden years. Also are you a Hefty Hunter or a Slim Jim. Thanks to all in advance for taking part in this not so important and personal poll.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: oldest treestand member

I' m 54 and I' m packing a summit, uh, I can' t think of the model but it' s the one for the heavy guys. I' m 6' 2" and 290 pounds, I can remember that because I been there for about 30 years.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:28 AM

Summit Viper----The newer one that came out made of alunimun--the first one was steel.I`am 46years old,6-4,215lbs.What I like about the Viper is it`s easy set-up and operation,because,you see,I`am kind of lazy and I like things that are easy.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

I' m in first place as of this writing at 55. The treestands I use are home made copying any hang on stand. We are going to make some ladded stands this year as they are a lot easier to climb than the lag screws in the trees. Also a lot of our osage orange trees are not real straight and I am getting tired of leaning 15 degrees on stand. We avoid the packing stands in everyday by having close to 30 set that we revisit each year before season and adjust or repair as necessary. Couldn' t do this on public ground. By the way I am 6-1 and DOWN to 238.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

I hit 57 next month and still carrying Summit in daily as illegal to leave stands overnight in WMA where I hunt. I can rest when I get up in treecause those Summit' s are comfortable and in my opion the securist stand on the market .
Old 07-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh... I thought it was the oldest treestand. Not the oldest person to use a stand.
Anyway my climber is from the early ' 80s, but I did buy a new Summit Cobra this year. BTW I feel young now! Thanx guys!
Old 07-19-2003, 05:55 PM
VBM

Well guys, I' m 56 and thinking of geting into treestand hunting. I' ve been looking at the new summit headhunter lite. It is a hang on stand, aluminum and weighs just 10 lbs. Anyone have any experience with this stand? I' ve read several reviews and all seem favorable. Also be getting buck steps to go with. Any comments?
Old 07-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

54, Summit Viper and a couple hang ons, 25 feet for both.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with a guy whos 64 and he climbs with a climber , hunts harder than most 20-30 year old guys I know .
Old 07-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

I' ll be 65 in September. I use a Loc-On Limit. I scout many areas for my treestand and put it up before season opens and keep it up until I leave. This year I' ll put it up on September 7th and probably won' t pull it until the 29th. I don' t have any trouble carrying it in and out but once each way a year is about all I care for.

I am a recovering fat person, lost 100 pounds 8 years ago and have maintained below my goal weight for those years. I ride a Trek 720 bicycle a minimum of 20 miles a day and 100 miles while not regular are not uncommon. Nothing takes the place of hiking the hills with ones back pack filled with rocks though.

I guess so far that mekes me the oldest huh?[&:]

Quick Reply: oldest treestand member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.