Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I said i wasn't going to post anymore,but can't help myself!
Compounds have came along way in 40yrs,but it took most of that for them to reach 300+fps.
And how long did it take the xbow once they went to a compound system? And how much further will they go. As the demand grows so will the speed,remember they don't have to over come the limit of the shooters ability to draw and hold thier weight.
So Where does technology take them?
You're right, but think about this: Based on your statements and legitimate questions above, the crossbow is undeniably a more efficient and in reality a better archery weapon.

Incidentally, I knew you wouldn't be able to stay out of this...
Old 07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
bigcountry

I missed page 60. Chief got it.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Okay. D.A. point of view.....

The pic you posted of the Airrow Rimfire setup a little ways back would fit the bill of what you and Rev keep referring to as an "arrowgun".
You know I gurantee, you will have stealthy, kybuck, and bigblulls on here in years to come promoting that arrowgun.

They will give the same song and dance of its for the kids, it doesn't affect your hunting, well much, its not a slob weapon, Kybuck will probably go back thru swearing he read somewhere that bolts loose energy faster. Then they will say you want the accuracy, and its inhuman not to use these arrowguns.

You just hide and watch.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, that little contraption is something that you can actually successfully argue is an arrow gun.

These new rimfire products are based on Ruger rimfire rifles; the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger 77/22 . The standard . 22 barrel is removed from the Ruger rifle and an Airrow barrel developed strictly for launching arrows or tranquilizers is substituted
Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Nope, that little contraption is something that you can actually successfully argue is an arrow gun.

These new rimfire products are based on Ruger rimfire rifles; the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger 77/22 . The standard . 22 barrel is removed from the Ruger rifle and an Airrow barrel developed strictly for launching arrows or tranquilizers is substituted
You won't be in a few years. Your extremely predictable.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
You know I gurantee, you will have stealthy, kybuck, and bigblulls on here in years to come promoting that arrowgun.

They will give the same song and dance of its for the kids, it doesn't affect your hunting, well much, its not a slob weapon, Kybuck will probably go back thru swearing he read somewhere that bolts loose energy faster. Then they will say you want the accuracy, and its inhuman not to use these arrowguns.

You just hide and watch.
while i respect your knowledge of bows at least they are open minded and welcoming. opcorn: and no you don't have to acknowledge meopc orn:
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry

You just hide and watch.
Yep,and he won't admit that the new xbows bolts are as long as some compound arrows!
Watch the video on the tac15 a super xbow yes, but they advertise this thing to propell a 425 grain 26.25 inch arrow to 412 fps and 160 fp of KE.
I dare him to find a compound that will do that!
And if more states allow them for anyone,how far will they go?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief

I hunt with a longbow, a compound and I have hunted with a crossbow, but I couldn't get rid of it fast enough when I healed after shoulder surgery. They're too clumsy, too loud and not nearly as accurate as their denouncers would have everyone believe. I am far more accurate at closer range and longer range with my Drenalin than I could have hoped to be with the crossbow. It wasn't a P.O.S. crossbow either. It was a Tenpoint Pro-Slider. I can honestly say that in my experience, unless you've practiced with a crossbow, fought with one to sight it in and sat a stand with that boat anchor of a weapon in your hands for hours on end, all of your arguments are void. I have a much bigger advantage with my Drenalin than the crossbow could ever have given me.
Yet another person stating the xbow is not the big advantage that some say. I guess you must be a liar according BC. I read other people saying the same thing...I guess they must be liars too. Funny thing however....most times people lie about how good things are and how far they kill things. The xbow guys most always talk about how they shoot 30 to 40 yard most times closer. Why wouldnt they be bragging about the 100 yard shots? BC said the long list of compound guys I listed, shooting from 60 to 100 yards, was just internet lies. Everyone on the internet lies execept BC.....He's word in law and all others liars.....

Thats just the way some roll....if they don't believe it they try and discredit the person and not the facts.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
Yep,and he won't admit that the new xbows bolts are as long as some compound arrows!
Watch the video on the tac15 a super xbow yes, but they advertise this thing to propell a 425 grain 26.25 inch arrow to 412 fps and 160 fp of KE.
I dare him to find a compound that will do that!
And if more states allow them for anyone,how far will they go?
Crossbow bolts as long as compound arrows. 412 fps. 160 fp of KE..... and your point is? A crossbow is still a bow - it's just a much more efficient design for storing energy and transferring that energy to an arrow. For a one shot/one kill scenario it is a better weapon, hands down.

Bottom line: The fundamental difference between the Airrow Rimfire and the Tac15 is that one utilizes the release of energy stored in the limbs of a bow to propel the arrow and the other uses an explosive charge. One is a gun and one is a bow. You can slice it, dice it, paint it any color you want, but you CANNOT change that fact. I will never be a supporter of allowing arrows propeled by gunpowder. That isn't archery. (For my definition of archery, see my previous post.)
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rifle use is legal... so what the big issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.