Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? >

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepinxj
GO IN AND GET THIS THING, people are getting all crazy quoting the bible? Its whatever you are comfortable with, if you can get in and out without disturbing your crazy neighbor and have a deer in hand then awesome. Put some pictures up if you get it, this seems to be a really popular post good luck!!!
X2! Bible beating and judging one another all in the same manner

IF your up to it, go get the damn deer, if not, dont! Simple as that!!!

This is not a case of yay or nay, one way is right, one is not.. It is a PERSONAL(everyone seems to forget) ethics call that NEEDS to be made up by you.

I commend you for trying and do as the landowner would want, but at the same time, if he gets pissed off for it b/c you shot a critter that run on his land(not your fault, maybe GOD's PLAN was for it to run there so you couldnt recover it???) maybe he is the one who needs some ethics adjusting?

Derek
Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you recover you deer, without too much hassle.

What I would have done is to ask the guy (last time you were with him) for permission to retreive ANY deer that you shot that crossed onto his property - so you could avoid any potential hassle with his wife. Sounds like you didn't, but he probably would have said it was ok. Good luck, I hope to see some pics soon.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

In NC....honestly....you're better off not asking.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pwrsrtk350
Really?

I want to recover a deer just as bad as the next guy, but I dont want to break the law doing it.

Welp then loose your deer and let it rott...

The guy has permission to hunt the ground but not to recover the deer... WTF

I would get that deer. Plain and simple...
Old 09-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Rick....2 different scenarios. The part you cited was in the hypothetical.

OHBow...

Jeff,
You keep respecting people more than the animals, that's fine with me, but I believe a TRUE SPORTSMAN puts forth his BEST EFFORT to recover an animal, and if that means I "violate (I laugh as I type that because of how ridiculous it sounds)" someone's "property owner rights" by retrieving that animal, then so be it.
You're laughing at something that our country was founded on. What you're saying is......as a landowner in the US...I have NO RIGHTS to keep you off my land. How much land do you own? That might make this discussion take on a more realistic tone. Let's discuss YOUR land (if you own any).

Make your irrational arguments all you want. There's a huge difference between me coming in your house and drinking your beer and eating your food, than me going 75yds onto your property to retrieve an animal I killed.
Actually.....there is NO difference. What makes this seem "irrational" (to you).....is it makes what you're advocating sound just as ludicrous.

That being said, if someone kills and animal and it runs onto my property, I'll gladly allow them to pursue that animal to recover it. I've even offered up my ATV to a couple of young kids tracked a deer on my place, so don't think it's not a 2-way road, because it is.
Can they camp there....at will? Can they walk their dogs through there....at will? Can they small game hunt? Big game hunt? Can they come over there and take a dump in your yard? Why did you buy land? Why not just live and hunt on someone else's?
Jeff,
There's a big difference between retrieving a deer and building a house on someone's land. I'm not saying I'm gonna go hunt on someone else's land even though they don't want me to, I'm not saying I'm gonna go cut down their trees because I want the $$$ that can be had for those good Oaks they own, but if I have a deer on someone else's land, I AM going to recover my animal, as I believe is my GOD-GIVEN right, and I AM going to take that animal and make use of it's flesh as meat to feed my family.

I own enough land that I can hunt on it and use landowner's permits. The discussion ain't about the amount of land, or abusing someone's land, hunting on someone's land, etc, it's about doing what is (I BELIEVE) "THE RIGHT THING AS A SPORTSMAN" in making the best effort to recover an animal.

Sadly, many people are VERY IRRATIONAL in their anti-hunting stances, paranoid feelings, etc, and may not want a hunter coming onto their land to retrieve a deer, but in the end, all they do is create more turmoil and potentially make for situations where more animals will be killed to replace the ones their IGNORANCE disallowed someone to retrieve.

Now, back to the topic.....

Where's the deer????
Old 09-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I own enough land that I can hunt on it and use landowner's permits. The discussion ain't about the amount of land, or abusing someone's land, hunting on someone's land, etc, it's about doing what is (I BELIEVE) "THE RIGHT THING AS A SPORTSMAN" in making the best effort to recover an animal.
You're abusing the landowner's right to privacy. Clear cut. If you can't see that....or don't respect it as a landowner....I don't know what to tell you.

In the eyes of the law.....trespassing is trespassing. Doesn't matter (and shouldn't) if you're retrieving a downed animal or swimming in my pool. I mean...it's hot...and you're not hurting anyone.....right? God meant for you to be refreshed!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I would say go for it.. I think she would understand if she did happen to find out that spoiling the deer is worse then not asking. I know I am probably going to get hounded for saying this, but I would go get your buck right now. You will be very upset in the future and will say to yourself " I should have retrieved that buck before he went bad"
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, Ur analogies and rationalities are hilArious. Not sure if u hAve any, but I'll play ur game...
Say ur kid broke both legs on someone else property. U didn't make the kid go there and u had zero control of the situation. R u just gonna let ur kid set here and rot until u have permission to access the land??? I hope not but u never know....
A bit extreme yea but no more than comparing ohb's getting his deer to swimmin in ur pool or drinkin ur beer am I right. Yes there should be no comparison to an animal and human but according to u here, the law is the law...
Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well, It's been 24 hrs. and still no word from NCbloodtrailer. I hope he's not in jail.

Dan
Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Pretty much figure the good samaritan laws in NC would cover me, there (retrieving my kid). But even if they didn't, of course I'd go get him.

But I also wouldn't **** and moan when we BOTH got ticketed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.