Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? >

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Spike

If I was you id be in the woods tracking the deer and dragging the deer out with pride I love tresspassing its a rush I been doing it since 2000 but I am a trained profresional I cant stand those guys that lease up all the land.One time I was deer hunting and the man that leases the land I was hunting pulled right up to the timber I was hunting and got out the truck luckily I was ground hunting I laid down and this ******* walks in the woods not even 10 yards away from me picking those white mushrooms off the trees he never did see me.I have out smarted this guy a million times those are the fun times you just look back and laugh about,its not something for everybody but I seem to be good at it,people that dont have alotta money shouldnt have to be forced to some state park a million miles away from your home,if you realy believen yourself and what you are doing you can hunt anywhere anytime.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

OHbowhntr - since god has given you permission to break the the law and trespass to recover, do you get permission to shoot extra deer, hunt at night, hunt out of season, etc? You know, all those pesky man made laws by the corrupt government/man. Or does god just give you a pass on those laws that are inconvenient to you?

SteveBNY
Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Dominant Buck

It's a fair question.

Which other laws are people immune from adhering to?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
bigcountry

I have done it before and I would do it again. Go get your deer, pay your 75 dollar trespass fine, and feel good that you recoved the animal. Next time don't hunt so close to the property line.

I was in a simular situation a few years ago. I even talked to the police after it went down, and he shook his head and told the vet whose land I crossed that he had better things to do.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
You're abusing the landowner's right to privacy. Clear cut. If you can't see that....or don't respect it as a landowner....I don't know what to tell you.

In the eyes of the law.....trespassing is trespassing. Doesn't matter (and shouldn't) if you're retrieving a downed animal or swimming in my pool. I mean...it's hot...and you're not hurting anyone.....right? God meant for you to be refreshed!
LMAO!!! "Right to privacy??" GIVE ME A BREAK, you're too much. You're stretching it a bit, but I suppose that's just your MO.

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
OHbowhntr - since god has given you permission to break the the law and trespass to recover, do you get permission to shoot extra deer, hunt at night, hunt out of season, etc? You know, all those pesky man made laws by the corrupt government/man. Or does god just give you a pass on those laws that are inconvenient to you?

SteveBNY
You know Steve, if you read what I said, you'd not ask such a silly question. In all honesty, I don't really see "trespassing" to recover an animal as breaking the law. Like it or not, I just don't. It's kind of like speeding going 58mph in a 55mph zone, just one of those things you know. It's a big difference between cutting fences, poisoning someone's watering troughs, vandalizing their home, and crossing a property line to recover an animal. And again, I'm the guy who offered up his ATV to a couple kids if they needed it when they were looking for an animal on my land. (LAND I ACTUALLY OWN, bought with my hard earned money, free and clear of a bank!!!)

Again, as a hunter/sportsman, you OWE that animal your best effort, be it a yearling doe or a 190" NT buck to recover it and use it's meat, as you made that decision to end it's life.

It's a fair question.

You guys can keep your "Do-Gooder" attitudes all you want, I'm not gonna sit here and lie and tell you I wouldn't go get it, becaue I AM going to go get it. So if one of you guys kills a new WR Buck, and the landowner who is in bed and would never know you recovered it don't want you going 20feet on their property to recover that deer, are you still leaving it and the potentially $500k worth of product endorsements, etc 20feet on that persons property because recovering that animal is an invasion of their "privacy," or are you getting it???? You already know what I'm doing, I'm recovering my deer, be it that yearling doe, or the WR Buck, the caliber of the animal makes no difference to me, but I suspect both of your "REAL LIFE ANSWERS" would very likely differ from you're "ON-LINE ANSWERS!!!" The difference between me and you two is I'm not changing my principle for the record book buck, while I'm pretty sure either of you guys would. And while you might not like or respect my opinion, I personally think your "Do-Gooder" opinions are likely those of guys who don't really hunt for the meat anyhow.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy

SteveBNY
Man, I tell ya, I have seen some ignorant things today on here. But you get todays prize. Why does everyone got to go to corner cases. Common sense goes a far way.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
bigcountry

It's a fair question.

Not immune, just you make the choice. You make the choice to go over the speed limit, better be ready to pay a fine here and there. You make a choice to hunt near an anti hunter, better be ready to pay the trepassing fine or even lose the deer.

In the words of Vince Niel, "If you want to live life on your own terms, better be ready to crash and burn"

Old 09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Dominant Buck

The difference between me and you two is I'm not changing my principle for the record book buck, while I'm pretty sure either of you guys would. And while you might not like or respect my opinion, I personally think your "Do-Gooder" opinions are likely those of guys who don't really hunt for the meat anyhow.
You know nothing about me....and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't act like you did.

Bigcountry said it.....and you never asked me what I'd do. I'd go get my deer...AND be OK with paying my fine for trespassing. I'd pay it, and not snivel about what my "rights" were.

But if you think you have a "right" to tresapass on my land.....you're sadly mistaken.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:52 PM
bigcountry

You know nothing about me....and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't act like you did.

Bigcountry said it.....and you never asked me what I'd do. I'd go get my deer...AND be OK with paying my fine for trespassing. I'd pay it, and not snivel about what my "rights" were.

But if you think you have a "right" to tresapass on my land.....you're sadly mistaken.
Well said.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose your dramatic responses seemed to make one assume what you'd do.....

If I have a deer run on YOUR land and die, don't think I WON'T come on YOUR LAND and get it, because I WILL, and you can call the lawdog like a little whiner, or you can congratulate me, don't make a heck of a lot of difference either way....... Again, I'm the guy who offered his assistance to the young hunters who came to my place looking for a deer, and I already said they were more than welcome to my ATV to pull it out if needed, and that Jeff is indeed a FACT. Likewise, I'd be far more irritated at a hunter (Be that hunter you or SteveB or BC) for not making the effort to recover a deer that ran onto my property than on that DID!!!
I'm not so worried about my "privacy" or "landowner rights" that I'm gonna post up a bunch of signs and get all up in a hissy because someone came on my property unless they're coming with malice in mind, then they're gonna be in TROUBLE!!!

Last edited by OHbowhntr; 09-20-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.