Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? >

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?

Well I stuck a big 6 point tonight (i know right, how big can a six point be...well its pretty nice buck actually). Its a dead deer but he covered alot of ground quickly. He crossed a creek onto private property and I can't actually get permission to look for him tonight because the owners wife would throw a bitch fit (or at least thats what he told me). I am really concerned about the meat spoiling or losing blood as the temps won't drop below 60 tonight and there is a chance for rain. What would you do? I want to stay legal but I also would like to recover the deer before it goes bad. Any advice?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mmmmm thats a predictament!! I am not sure but in some cases you can check with the DNR to get permission to track on others property for a dead/wounded deer I do believe...in different states I think??
I am not sure I for some reason think I remember someone saying that onetime??
Old 09-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

I would go and talk to the owner and get permission. Dress in street clothes and just tell her what happened and be polite and ask if you may look for the deer.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

in my state you get the game warden to go with you
Old 09-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Spike

I just talked to the landowner within the week, he helped me look for a doe. He said to me, "good thing my wife wasn't here when you showed up", she is apparently antihunter, antihunting and anti any kind of harm to animals. I think I may go out and look, I just don't want to **** him off by upsetting his wife and in the daytime they wouldn't be able to see me from their house. I am just a little nervous about swinging a lantern around because they probably can see the light from their house.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Spike

hmm...edits out p-i-s-s but not bitch?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would ask the husband if at all possible. Either way i would get that deer. I hate tresspassing but it is worst to just leave the deer. Might check into the C.O going with you might atleast get you out there either wya
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
i would ask the husband if at all possible. Either way i would get that deer. I hate tresspassing but it is worst to just leave the deer. Might check into the C.O going with you might atleast get you out there either wya
Really?

I want to recover a deer just as bad as the next guy, but I dont want to break the law doing it.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know i also know i will get slammed for saying it. But atleast i can say i am honest. I am torn about it. i hate tresspasing and tresspassers i have found people on my land before and get very mad. But i also do not want a dead deer laying in the woods. TO me it is a dammed if i do dammed if i don't. But if i found someone recovering a deer on my property they shot on someone else land i would let them recover it and help them. I would also tell them next time to just let me know. But we all know most people ant that way.
Originally Posted by pwrsrtk350
Really?

I want to recover a deer just as bad as the next guy, but I dont want to break the law doing it.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a talk with the GW, last Friday.

Go get your deer. NC is a state that you have to be told IMPLICITLY that you CAN NOT trespass......for it to be an offense. It also has to be posted (for you to be charged).

I'd go in....all ninja.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.