Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
your thoughts ona  disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season. >

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy hurt his shoulder a few years back. He switched over to a left handed bow. Took awhile to get it down but he was able to hunt. His next step was to get a crossbow permit. Anyway the shoulder is fine now. Not to surebut there might be some red tape you have to go thru depending on your state regs.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

Just curious..did he have trouble overcoming dominate eye or did it even bother him?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by djdkman
Just curious..did he have trouble overcoming dominate eye or did it even bother him?
Kinda funny because he is left eye dominate, so it wasn't that hard for him to shoot.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

No thoughts at all except get well soon. Have at it and good hunting.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it's legal I don't care if you run over them with your pickup truck...

Guys, I started with a recurve back in the 60s...I also started with a flintlock in the 70s...

Do you see a seperate season for inlines and scopes vs flintlocks???

Should we have a seperate season for recurve vs compound???

How about finger shooters vs release shooters???

With all the technology that bow hunters use I just don't see what the problem is...

Deer populations have soared, urban development has taken away habitat, hunter numbers have declined...States want more DOES killed...

Go out, do your part and have fun!!!

Don't worry about what the other guy is doing...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE][/your thoughts on a disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season. QUOTE]

Same as anyone using them - it should be allowed.
And I only own and shoot recurves.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't matter what others think about how you hunt. If it's legal and it helps you continue to hunt, go for it. Personally, I'm very sick and tired of the CB debate. It has gotten VERY old.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

It doesn't matter what others think about how you hunt. If it's legal and it helps you continue to hunt, go for it. Personally, I'm very sick and tired of the CB debate. It has gotten VERY old.
Hear. Hear.

If it's a legal weapon (injury or not) and I wanted to use it......I wouldn't give a flying **** what ANYONE else thought about my choice.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
I am 100% for the disabled using a crossbow. If I no longer can pull a compound in order to hunt with one, I'll use a crossbow. I couldn't possibly stop hunting.

Now I'm talking truly disabled, not a hurt knee etc that some of these clowns use to get a crossbow permit.
X2!!!!

If it keeps you in the deer woods, enjoying the great outdoors then go for it.

Good luck,

Brian
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

I myself am on my second shoulder surgery in the past two years, so I know your pain when it comes to having shoulder problems. The best thing that I can suggest is if you have a place that you can do physical therapy find it and do everything that they tell you to do. Funny thing is my physical therapist told me that drawing my bow back at a comftorable weight is actually one of the best rehab exercises I could do!!!! Try that for a bit and if that don't work and you absolutley can't pull your bow back, pray that you can sell your compound for a good price so you can put that money towards a cross bow so you can still pursue something that makes you happy!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.