Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
your thoughts ona  disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season. >

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Spike

Just one thing to say. GO FOR IT!. No matter what you shoot your still hunting and that's all that counts. Yea, there are bow hunters out there that say crossbows shouldn't be allowed. Well, I say put them in your position and see if they are willing to give up hunting. I THINK NOT. Do what you can and GOOD LUCK HUNTING!

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I have a had a few shoulder issues since a wreck at 19. Last winter i fell and landed on my right shoulder on a driveway with nearly a 40 degree angle on it. SO all my weight went on my shoulder. I went to the doctor he said i just pulled it alittle it would be ok. Well 8 or 9 months later it is getting worst. I shot my shotgun a few months back and nearly cryed.
I have had issues pulling my bow back aswell. Though have not tried since march. I went to the doctor and he said it was still sore. he gave me a cortizoan shot. It did not help hurts like hell still does two weeks later. I am worried i will not be able to shot enough for good practice then the pain just from pulling it if i get a deer. SO i thought about the permit they have for someone with a upperbody limitation to hunt during bow season with a crossbow. What are you thoughts. I feel alittle quilty even thinking about this. But i ant about to stop hunting. What do you think of someone using this permit and would you.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt for yourself! If it's legal you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Have fun and be safe but keep on huntin!