Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
your thoughts ona  disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season. >

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jag-mag
Use the crossbow and go hunting, some day we all might have to use one and I for one will use the crossbow if for some reason I can't use my bow. Good luck and good hunting.
I agree 100% Use the Crossbow and enjoy the outdoors! Don't let anyone belittle your accomplishments or ridicule you for using a crossbow either.

Dan
Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Big tim there are many adaptations that can be made to a compound to keep you shooting/hunting if you dont feel comfortable with a crossbow. U could look into a draw loc system(this may require a permit to use) it locks the bow at almost full draw so all you have to do is pull back just a little bit and shoot.
Take a look at the PCBA web site(phiscally challanged bowhunters of america) there are many other adaptations that you can look into.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

I say good for you! I think its great that you havent given up! Hunt till ya die baby! I hope you whack em and stack em! Good luck and keep us posted. Hope you feel better!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Spike

to stay hunting i'd go for in a heartbeat............here in maryland it's legal and if could only hunt with CB then i'd be a cb'er!!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I say if crossbows have to have there own season? Let em have the first month and the rut!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

I think we all pretty much agree here.... do whatever it takes to keep yourself in the game!!! And if that means changing to a crossbow, by all means GO FOR IT! If by some unfortunate accident I had to change up, I wouldn't care if It meant using a sling shot Be safe, Have Fun, and Good Luck
Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Hear. Hear.

If it's a legal weapon (injury or not) and I wanted to use it......I wouldn't give a flying **** what ANYONE else thought about my choice.
Thank you
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I have no problem at all with it. IF things start getting nit-picky, we will find our selves back to how it was years ago. No compounds.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I say go for it. As the proud owner of a shiny new shoulder joint I was worried about being able to use my Bow. When I first got it, I couldn't pull it. Now it's set down to 42# and I can use it, but I still fight frequent pain. I might look into a crossbow myself.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say, you better get things sighted in. It's not like a Gun & not a Bow. You do need to practice though. Enjoy your time in the field....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.