Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOYT BORROWING FROM DARTON!!!??? >

HOYT BORROWING FROM DARTON!!!???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOYT BORROWING FROM DARTON!!!???

Old 05-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default HOYT BORROWING FROM DARTON!!!???

I couldn' t beleive this when I read it.
http://www.dartonarchery.com/press_releases.htm

I think anybody that shoots a darton will agree that the CPS system is one of the best(if not the best) cam systems available today.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOYT BORROWING FROM DARTON!!!???

So? Look at all the companies that have gone to the full fastflight cabling system that Hoyt developed in the 80' s. And they' re all based on Wilbur Allen' s original concept. Except maybe Onieda. Everybody is using everybody else' s ideas. Always have been, always will be.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:09 AM

This is a WIN-WIN situation.

It clearly raises people' s awareness of Darton' s C/P/S. When a company as prestigous as Hoyt starts using their design, others that may never have heard of Darton now do. It should lead to increased Darton Sales. Darton also receives fees from Hoyt.

It is a Win for Hoyt and it' s customers as they are getting a better product with level nock travel. As I said it' s a WIN-WIN.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Nubbb! Martin archery started a little thing back in 95 called vibration escape modules. Mathews now calls them harmonic dampers. It' s hard to find a bow that doesn' t utilize that technology now. It happens all the time in the archery business and I do think it' s a win win situation for Hoyt and Darton. I know alot of folks who love the cam 1/2 but have opted for Dartons CPS system because of affordability.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:12 PM

I guess there is a good reason why I' ve been shooting Darton' s C/P/S since 1997 and haven' t been able find anything that ' I' liked better. Hoyt recognized the technical advantage and, by using it, has given credit where credit is due. The new Hoyt Cam and 1/2 is everything I' ve been shooting and enjoying for years. Combine that with their superior limbs and other technical advantages and you' ve get a fantastic product.

Great job, Hoyt.