Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences? >

Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences?

Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences?

Just bought a Darton Storm...great deal...seems like a great bow...haven't heard a ton about the bow or the company...any thoughts or experiences? Good or Bad....
Old 07-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences?

Congrats!

Darton makes a very fine bow. I shoot a Tundra Extreme and have not found anything that I don't like about it yet. You'll find some die hard Darton shooters here.

Also, welcome to the board!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:24 PM

My dad has shot a Darton for years. His bow is so old, all I know is that is a Darton. It has all original equipment, save the string and cables, and has held up very well. He has shot this thing, oh, I don't know, a million times probably in the last 15 years. Only reason he even retired it is I bought a new bow, and he shoots my "old" bow. He was very happy with his Darton.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:05 PM

One buddy shot a darton viper for years, said excellent bow, another buddy shoots a used darton viper right now and does very well with it and happy with the bow.

B
Old 07-28-2004, 03:02 PM

I like what I am hearing about Darton...it is hard to buy a bow with all the hype out there...or should I say marketing...I am finding a lot of bow snobs out there..they need to come up with a hunting show where a hunter is using a everyday bow like the people I hunt with...

Anyone own a Darton Storm before?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

HALEALEUA!!!!!!! Boy you just missed my last post about who shoots a darton? I personally love my darton yukon, i got it about 3yrs back because i use to only hunt on the ground with my bow which at the time was a browning bridger plus, so i asked mike stengar who owns his own bow shop, "what is a great all around bow, that i can use on the ground, in a tree, ect,ect.. He put the Yukon in my hands and i fell in love with it. I killed my biggest buck on the ground with it. I have never had a problem with this bow, i am getting a drop away rest and a new sight put on it. Its down at the bow shop right now, i cant wait to shoot it. Congrats and welcome to the darton family.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:57 PM

i've shot darton impulse and the wrangler. i still have the wrangler. they are great bows and a good company ime.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:09 PM

Is there a way we Darton folks can start a list to post to one another with stories or problems...don't know how to do it..or if anyone wants to do it...I don't find a lot of Darton forums...anyway, any takers...do we need to post a whole new topic? or just go off of this one? I am new forgive my ignorance....just thought it might be kind of cool to start a Darton deal...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP... I went to Lens to buy a new climber about 4 years ago. He had the
stand I wanted but told me the things he disliked about it. While I was deciding between a couple
possibilities he stuck a Darton Maverick in my hands to take a couple shots with. Well, about 30 shots later
I plunked down my plastic for a new DArton Maverick, new sight, rest, Sims things, stabilizer, a dozen carbons
etc etc etc. Love it.

HOWEVER... after seeing some of the advertising in
the latest magazine I may have to try one of these.[&:]

Old 07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

I just sold a darton fury. It shot ok but was as loud as a 30.06..I just couldn't get it quiet enough.

Quick Reply: Just bought a Darton Storm...Any Darton bow experiences?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.