Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this bow worth the price? Storm MX >

Is this bow worth the price? Storm MX

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this bow worth the price? Storm MX

Old 05-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Spike

Default Is this bow worth the price? Storm MX

I' m totally new to bow hunting. I thought I' d give it a try and have some fun.

I found a " Storm MX Extreme Comound Bow" on the net for around $200. This is just the bow and the string for a new in the box 2002 model.

Axle length 40" , Draw weight 70#, Cam one weighted cam, 80%let off, brace height 7.5" .

I' m a hair shy of 6' and I' m a fairly big guy at 210lbs. Is this possible the right bow for me? I was hoping to get a good deal on a last years model or a slightly used one. I' d like to get into the sport with out spending an arm and a leg. I also realize though that quality can make that fist experience that much better. Any suggestions? How much was this bow when it first came out?
Any and all suggestions welcome.

Tifford
Old 05-18-2003, 01:07 AM

Default RE: Is this bow worth the price? Storm MX

Tifford, your about the same size as my son! You need to know your draw length and that of the bow as it is important. Things can be adjusted to fit so to speak but knowing this info will help in bow selection. If your draw length is 30" and that bows draw length is 28" you will see (or feel) the problem real fast. Go to a pro shop and have them measure you. Then start looking. Good Luck[:-]
Old 05-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]