Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Block: Worth the price? >

The Block: Worth the price?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Block: Worth the price?

Old 12-27-2004, 04:15 PM

Default The Block: Worth the price?

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I bought a Block target about 3 months ago (the small one) and I am already turning it sideways and shooting into the side of it because I'm getting passthroughs on the front(even in the corners and sides). I've heard alot of good things about it but mine has turned out to be not very good. I've been shooting field tips and broadheads, but I haven't come close to the amount they say it will withstand. Anybody else have any comments. Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Block: Worth the price?

I had one and switched to a bag target. I have heard on here that they did produce some bad ones and if you call them with the serial number they may replace it. Another thing is the broadheads sure do wear it out a lot faster. I use the yellow jacket for broadheads. Good luck with it.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:53 PM

I had one about 5 years ago and it shot out in a month. I called them and they sent me a new one and let me keep the other one. I still wasn't happy with the 2nd one for the amount they cost. I bought a Yellow Jacket this year and it is great for broadheads for half the cost. Then I use bag targets for field points. So to make a long story short they are ABSOLUTELY NOT worth the money in my opinion.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the Hole (made by same people) and it was worthless. had pass throughs after less than 200 shots, they had terrible customer service also. some say the Block works better because it is a bit thicker. I'd stay away. I got a Yellow Jacket after the Hole took a crap and have been pleased so far.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 AM

The block lasted 2 months for my boy and I. First month pounded it with field tips, and the next month with broadheads.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:36 AM

I bought a 4x4 from Wally world for about $35 (?? I think). I have probably shot around 150-200 arrows into one side and it's holding up great. I haven't shot the broadhead sides more than a handful of times so I can't comment on how well it will last shooting BH's into it.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Had The Block target for a little over a year. For the most part I was happy with it, but did start getting passthroughs sooner than what I had expected. Will be switching over to a Yellow Jacket target for '05.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:20 PM

cabelas has some square foam targets for around 20 bucks that are awesome. shot out the block in 4 mos, the black hole in 2 monhts. I am talking broadheads of course
Old 01-01-2005, 05:40 AM

I bought the Block from cabela's last spring. At first I was impressed by how easy arrows pull out, but it only lasted about 4 months with broadheads. I was only shooting maybe 10 - 15 arrows a day and I was soon getting pass throughs. I like to shoot from different angles and distances and it just ripped it to pieces. Every time I pull my arrow out pieces of the target pull out with it. My lawn by my target is covered with styrofoam pieces. I now have bales of straw behind the "block" for pass throughs.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the small one and will be my last also. My vote - not worth the $

Quick Reply: The Block: Worth the price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.