Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does the "PAST" mean to you? >

What does the "PAST" mean to you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What does the "PAST" mean to you?

Old 07-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like to think that some of the best hunts are still in the future. I do reflect on the past, but I make time to hunt with friends each year and build to those memories.

I feel sorry for those that can afford to get away, because of job, kids, and money (been there) . I'm blessed that even though I travel a lot in business, God has blessed me with a lake house where I spend a least 10 days a month at. There are days I get the need to hit the woods and I grab my bow and hit the Brazos River bottoms creating more memories.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can remember the past as if it happened yesterday....52 now, but the memories of a 12 year old are very good one, and I guess that I am lucky to have all of those memories..and at 52 still have the same passion for hunting as I did then...The passion has never escaped me...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ElkNutz
Sounds like a mid life crisis coming on. Next will be a red mustang convertable and a 18 year old lil hot blonde girlfriend in the passanger seat.

I don't think about the past experiences as much as I do the regrets for not doing something or the way it all went down if I did.

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with the convertable and the hot 18yr old blonde in the passenger seat!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Spike

Great Post. I often reflect on my 40 years of bowhunting. I am lucky enough to have sons that also share my passion. I started with my Dad so long ago. We hunted with Longbows and cedar arrows. I still have some of my Hilbrae broadheads. I even have a couple of the cedar arrows. This time of year is so great. I have everything washed and sealed away and though I shoot year round I am shooting twice a day. It is hard to be gearing up for another season and not look back. The memories are such a large part of it for me. My grandson will soon be joining us and I can't wait. he already is quite a shot with his bow.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

"When and elder dies, it is as if an entire library has burned to the ground" So please everyone share your hunting knowledge to someone young so we never forget about this great pastime of hunting.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

these 4 Bowhunters (1958 photo)took me under there wing at age 14-that was 1956. They are all gone now & I am in the start of my 53rd year of Bowhunting-Not counting family members I CANNOT count all those I have introduced to Archery & Bowhunting-Young & old. I have been blessed to have been in a position to pass this great sport on to many others. I remember in the 70s teaching my Boss, Missing his 2 middle fingers of his drawing hand, a wooden leg to the hip & the other leg pinned together from a horrible accident how to shoot. I begged him to go to the State indoor Target Championships in Champain, Il. with me (1970 I think). He finally agreed-I shot in the Pro Division (horribly) HE shot in the Amature AA class with his 70" Bear Tamberlane & CAPTURED the 1st Place Medal. I "WON" that day more than anyone could imagine... I remember one of my best buddies (now gone) shooting his 1st Deer with MY Recurve & MY Arrows. I have many of these stories from so many great years of Archery & Bowhunting. Being with my Brother when he posted his 1st indoor 300 & taking his 1st Biggame with a Bow, My son taking his 1st animals & taking my daughter Bowhunting a couple years ago for the 1st time & now, this year, one of my Grandsons WANTs to go with Grandpa Bowhunting cause he gets something all the time (his words).
You just can't imagine the thrill you get from someone you have taught to shoot. Good luck to all.
Attached Thumbnails  What does the "PAST" mean to you?-scan0004.jpg