Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone see this in the past? >

Anyone see this in the past?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone see this in the past?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone see this in the past?

Has anyone seen a buck aggressively following or chasing a button buck during prime time?

I was thinking back to the buck I shot this year, and his bizarre behavior towards the button buck that came in seconds before I shot him. The button buck came down the trail stopping every few yards to look at his backtrail, and then the buck I eventually shot followed and thrashed a tree, scraped, and then came into the clearing my stand was in with his ears laid back. He was walking towards the buck fawn at this point withan aggressive sidestepping gate.........the button buck watched himnervously from 10-15 yards away and eventually bolted (not sure if he saw me draw or just wanted out of there before he got his butt kicked).

What was this behaviour about? I thought that maybe the buck was chasingthe fawn away from momma whomaybe was in the early stages of estrus,but I'm not really sure........

Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Default RE: Anyone see this in the past?

last year i watched a buck chase off a button buck and then tried to tackle its mom i'd say
he just wanted some privacy to do his thing.