HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does the "PAST" mean to you?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
ahunter55
Nontypical Buck

these 4 Bowhunters (1958 photo)took me under there wing at age 14-that was 1956. They are all gone now & I am in the start of my 53rd year of Bowhunting-Not counting family members I CANNOT count all those I have introduced to Archery & Bowhunting-Young & old. I have been blessed to have been in a position to pass this great sport on to many others. I remember in the 70s teaching my Boss, Missing his 2 middle fingers of his drawing hand, a wooden leg to the hip & the other leg pinned together from a horrible accident how to shoot. I begged him to go to the State indoor Target Championships in Champain, Il. with me (1970 I think). He finally agreed-I shot in the Pro Division (horribly) HE shot in the Amature AA class with his 70" Bear Tamberlane & CAPTURED the 1st Place Medal. I "WON" that day more than anyone could imagine... I remember one of my best buddies (now gone) shooting his 1st Deer with MY Recurve & MY Arrows. I have many of these stories from so many great years of Archery & Bowhunting. Being with my Brother when he posted his 1st indoor 300 & taking his 1st Biggame with a Bow, My son taking his 1st animals & taking my daughter Bowhunting a couple years ago for the 1st time & now, this year, one of my Grandsons WANTs to go with Grandpa Bowhunting cause he gets something all the time (his words).
You just can't imagine the thrill you get from someone you have taught to shoot. Good luck to all.
Attached Images