Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech General would you still buy one? >

Bowtech General would you still buy one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech General would you still buy one?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech General would you still buy one?

LOl
Yeah I was JK anyhow, but do you have a waiting list for your 08 and 09's?
Dandbuck
Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not yet... you wanna be first?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
bigcountry

I would not buy a general.

Here's the reasons.

1.) Bowtech took care of the issues, but your resell sucks. Many people won't touch em. If you are planning to buy a bow to last 5-10 years, go for it.
2.) I just like the guardian better. Faster, lighter, don't need a bowpress, and doesn't have this stigma attached.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Not yet... you wanna be first?
you bet, put me on the list. Admiral and 82nd are interests for me, have not shot anything else, so who knows.
Dandbuck
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all your comments, With my money situation right now I have to find deals or sales on high price items. After giving it much thought I feel that I believe the General to be one of the sweetest shooting bows ever. Because of the unfortunate limb recall that affected very little of the bows out there I believe the General would be one of the best sellers. Resale value may not be what you would like but honestly, the price people end up selling older model bows is such a drastic price drop it almost doesn't justify purchasing a new one. It doesn't matter what bow it is. I am very happy and a proud new owner of the General and the price was right for the me being a normal consumer. Brand new in the box with the cool white styrofoam protecting it and different draw modules and a cool my 4th camo Bowtech hat! Thanks for all your replies. Now I have to wait to shoot it for a new sight. lol Talk about waiting for christmas.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you looked at archerytalk.com classifieds? There are about 50 new bows each day. Often, you can even find one close enough to pick-up so you can save shipping. There are some smokin deals if you take the time to look each day and do a little bartering.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations, Tribal!! I'm sure that bow will serve you well for many years to come, and it's nice knowing you got such a steal on it!

You gotta love deals like that... sorta like my neighbor who bought an AWESOME travel trailer off the lot during a "hail damage sale"... saved THOUSANDS, and he told me you'd had to have had a magnifying glass to find a peck on it. I'm in the process of trying to buy it off him now.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a Big fan of short A to A bows. I prefer bows at least 34" A to A personally, but that aside if I got a deal like that I would be tempted.

Like BC said I also preferred the Guardian, and this year the Sentinel and Captain found a home at my house. I passed on the Admiral but for no other reason than I just don't care for the short A to A.

The Admiral is very close to the General in specs and it was as the Admiral more than likely will be Bow of the Year in many circles.

If you get that good of a deal, there's really No use to worry about resell. I'd say you will lose less on that Generalthan if you bought any new model of bow out there.

Go for it and enjoy!!

Dan
Old 10-22-2019, 09:24 AM
Spike

Definitely. I’m a lefty so it was hard for me to find one, but I managed to buy one yesterday on sale for $200.