Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech general? >

bowtech general?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech general?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Default bowtech general?

Looked at this bow on the bowtech website and in bold print it says the it requires apress to work on it, Then I was at one of the bowtech dealers in my area and he told me one of the good things about the general was it didn't need a bow press to be worked on. So I have two questions who is wrong bowtech or dealer, and if dealer should I trust this guy to set up my bow if I bought one from him?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech general?

I am sorry to tell you but your bow shophas Miss Informed you on the General.
I work as Pro Shop Manager and Dealer for Bowtech, And can tell you that the Bowtech General Does require a Bow Press.
If you need further clarification please call Bowtech and they will tell you this.
When the General was first released there were a few that were mistakenly labeled with a tag that said they didnt need a bow press to work on them but Bowtech took the steps to notify the public of this and corrected the mistake..
The Bowtech Guardian is the one that dosent require a bow press to work on it.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

I work as Pro Shop Manager and Dealer for Bowtech, And can tell you that the Bowtech General Does require a Bow Press.
If you need further clarification please call Bowtech and they will tell you this.
When the General was first released there were a few that were mistakenly labeled with a tag that said they didnt need a bow press to work on them but Bowtech took the steps to notify the public of this and corrected the mistake..
Exactly right Lady Forge.

redoakbuck, Your dealer is incorrect and Bowtech and Lady Forge is correct. You DO need a press for the General, The Guardian, you do not need a press for.

Some of the very first Generals were mislabeled. Please inform your dealer of this before something unfortunate happens.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

Exactly right Lady Forge.

redoakbuck, Your dealer is incorrect and Bowtech and Lady Forge is correct. You DO need a press for the General, The Guardian, you do not need a press for.

Some of the very first Generals were mislabeled. Please inform your dealer of this before something unfortunate happens.
X3
Old 03-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: redoakbuck

I was at one of the bowtech dealers in my area and he told me one of the good things about the general was it didn't need a bow press to be worked on.
I was given the same information from 2 dealers in my area.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

I was told both also. I figured since I was getting both stories I would just be safean take it to a dealer that has the correct press