Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting and Advertising >

Bowhunting and Advertising

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting and Advertising

Old 03-14-2009, 02:49 PM
N2D

Default Bowhunting and Advertising

Just curious as to what kind of advertising was a factor in some of your bowhunting gear purchases. Things like bows, arrows, broadheads, and such. Most all of mine came from this site either from reviews or just general discussions. Two Bowtechs, limbdriver, slick tricks, Lone wolf climber, MeanV, just to mention a few. Very little came from magazines or the net.

Ed
Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting and Advertising

Ed, I agree I pay little attention to Magazine ads, or even TV ads. I trust listening to guys that have hands on experience with lots of equipment. Then do my own hands on testing. Move what I don't care for, and keep the winners.The Forums are a Great place!!

I have a feeling we are not in the majority in the Bowhunting community though. I have friends that have to try every gimmick they see advertised on their favorite hunting shows.

Dan
Old 03-15-2009, 07:43 AM
N2D

Default RE: Bowhunting and Advertising

Yep, I remember back in the mid 80's when all kinds of weird things started showing up. I would like to have all the money I wased on things that did not work for me. I say me because I suppose it worked for some. Thank goodness we have the net and forums like this so now I do a pretty good eval before I make a purchase on most things. I agree, that having experienced bowhunters on here has helped me (Not determined) a lot of my decisions. Word of mouth still is some of the best advertising IMO.