Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Advertising

Old 02-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Advertising

When I first signed in on the site my first thought was look at all people here everyday. I figured this was a good place for running ad's and talking to future clients. The a website admin jumped right down my throat about advertising without paying for their adds. So I contacted them for the information to do so. I'm still waiting on that. Since then I haven't tried to advertise openly. But some people think I still am. Well to those people I apologize for ruining their day. But when a question of ethics or moral hunting issues come up I'm gonna defend all the hunters and outfitters that are doing the right things. Especially when I'm questioned on how I run a hunt. Ethics are very important to me.

Sure I'm an outfitter but hunting is my love. Its what I breathe for. Without it I'd be less of a person. I love discussing topics on hunting and guns. Who doesn't. But if you ask me my moral standings or try to put me in the class with bad hunters or outfitters, you damn right I will defend what I believe is right. I don't say it will be alright and let someone else fight my battles for the future. So if ethics bother you, take a good look in the mirror.

P.S. maybe i should of had one more cup of coffee before I wrote this. But truth is truth.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Advertising

Don't let an occasional soul getting pi$$y and taking a swipe at you upset your applecart. When I first saw you sign on as "Cherokee Outfitters" I figured "Oh boy, we'll see how long this will last before he crosses the thin red line." So far from what I've seen you haven't. Okay, its an indirect form of advertising; however, it comes from what appears to be a pretty knowledgable (sp) source and the content outweighs the "self interest" aspect.

Check out www.accuratereloading.com in the African Hunting, Big Game Hunting, and Big Bore sections for a poster by the name of Atkinson. He is a hunting trip broker. He's always there, his posts are typically shorter than yours but no matter, but he has the knowledge and experience to actually provide some insight in the midst of some of the babbling and misinformation that is out there. There are several others that do the same thing and they are king pins in that forum and it would be much diminished without them. Of course www.accuratereloading.com does not accept ANY advertising sponsors and moderators seldom if ever interfer with anything.

Keep posting. Ignore the whiners. Carry on as before. You're fine in my book. Go have another cup of coffee.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM
Old 02-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

ty elkampmaster,

I'll check it out. I do know I tend to get long winded at times. But hey its a long winter. haha.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:32 AM

Cherokee,

You have mail.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM
Old 02-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Spike

Cherokee, I don't believe enough of us have come to your defense. I think it's great that someone has the nerve to subject themselves to open criticism. I wish we could have someone who has hunted with you chime in. I can think of some outfitters that wouldn't have the nerve to expose themselves in such a manner. Advertising??? Who cares, I'm a big boy, and I can decide on my own what's best for me. What about Elk Nut, I think he's very knowledgeable, but who doesn't think he wouldn't mind you checking out his web page. I for one would hate to see the guy stop posting. Keep it up guys!!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:56 PM

Hey Cherokee, I suppose business is business as far as the advertising goes but I just thought I'd let you know how much I've come to appreciate Outfitters. As I've posted in other threads, working with outfitters is part of my job. I administer the permits for the Forest where I work. I've been fortunate to make friends with a number of you guys since I started over ten years ago. I've been asked to come to their camps as a hunter and as camp help(before I started administering the permits of course). They love what they do and they love sharing it with other folks. Most but not all they take great care of the Forest and run a clean camp. They frown on other outfitters who give them a bad name. Most of all, I find the majority to be more ethical than many other folks I've met. The only thing I regret now is that I can't spend more time with the outfitters I deal with because it wouldn't look good. You guys are welcome in my camp anytime, I'll make a pot of coffee. Don't let someone ruin your day because they are ignorant.

I hope the outfitters reading this get along with their local Forest Service because I know a lot of us who feel the same way.